Why is the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia such an ugly country
A game according to western rules frustrates Macedonia, already sufficiently frustrated by having to meet the strict requirements for its EU accession procedure without international and, above all, regional reputation. The Macedonians are basically denied everything that constitutes a conventional nation-state: religion (from the Serbian Orthodox Church), language (from the Bulgarians), territorial unit (from the Albanian side), history and even the name (from Greece) !
It follows not only that the identification with the nation-state narratives excludes many citizens of Macedonia, including Albanians, Turks and Roma, but that it does not even seem to fully convince the Slavic Macedonians. The strongest identity consists in not consciously expressing one's own identity and in wanting to assert it against other identities. The weakest identity is the one that arises from identity crises that arise from disputes (e.g. country and name disputes).
It is never too late to turn the Macedonian into a multinational, geographical identity, as was the case with the generous and contemporary proposals for renaming “North Macedonia” or “Upper Macedonia” that were accepted by Greece. The Macedonian culture is and never was a culture of distance, but a transitional culture - as we have seen, it has recently been a culture in the process of expansion. No matter how much you expand there, the question of recognition by your neighbors will not be resolved so quickly, on the contrary: a belated nation-building on the Western European model can only reinforce the feeling that Macedonia is a regressive, hostile and embittered, insignificant one Country that claims to be the “cradle of civilization” (in fact, all those entering the country receive this short message in English), as well as being unattractive because mostly known through negative (conflicts) or grotesque things (Skopje 2014). But why does lived reality tell a different story, for once that of a beautiful Macedonia?
- What is gross anatomy
- What are Bessel functions
- What does T stand for in the measurement
- GarageBand is compatible with all Macs
- Modern teenagers are spoiled
- How secure is the 128-bit AES encryption
- What causes gallbladder disease
- Which were the largest predatory dinosaurs
- What are haemangiomas
- Was there an Indian rule in Thailand
- How do climbers grow
- Why am I not worried
- Are Bernie Sanders and his supporters sexist
- What are the best female rat names
- How can you save 500 rupees a day
- Who are the most famous Moldovans
- What fear daemons
- Will the Brexit take place on Halloween?
- What is point slope shape 1
- Is there more than one earth 1
- Is ruthenium an explosive
- What are EKG Technicians
- Why is Hellboy filing down his horns?
- Why are conservatives for life
- What do you advise to maintain good fitness
- What does MSG contain
- Why are foreigners more religious than Americans
- How do I multiply two complex numbers
- How to use a breast press machine
- What pet stores in Kolkata sell hamsters
- Is autism a form of genius
- Please delete the question
- Where was Koenig Menander born?
- Vishwakarma Lohar is a Brahmin