How to start a fishing tournament
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - How to Win the Fishing Tournament
Depending on where you are, you should be able to enter the first Animal Crossing: New Horizons fishing tournament soon. This was a fan favorite event in pretty much all of the previous AC titles, but now it looks very different. It is almost less of a competition than a mere matter of catching everyone. But we break it all up in different ways. Let's examine how to win the fishing tournament in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to win the fishing tournament
As I said earlier, this is less of a real tournament and more of a "catch as much as you can" -style event. The other villagers on your island will fish anywhere you look, but you will not compete with them as much as you do your own thing and hope that you hit certain thresholds. So you don't have to worry about catching bigger or more fish than the competition. Instead, all you have to do is catch as many fish as you can.
How much you need? Here we explain in detail all the prizes that you will earn along the way. In short, you want 300 points by the end of the day. That would take a couple of hours though, so we've already given some tips on how to prepare before the fishing tournament even starts. But once it has started we'd also like to help by explaining how to win the whole thing, which means catching hundreds of fish during each tournament session.
After talking to C.J. and once the tournament has started, you will receive a free three-minute fishing session to earn points. After that, each new one costs 500 bells, but since C.J. buys any fish you catch at 150% normal price, you should still make money all the time. As we explained in this guide, you should prepare some additional fishing rods and bait. If you don't, you can take a break from the actual tournament to get ready if you want. Otherwise, you'll just want to go round after round and break in between to make fishing rods.
Since the size and type of fish is not important for point purposes, you'll simply want to run to the nearest body of water to start things off. Time is of the essence. So make a plan for where you are going. You want to be constantly on the move and have water nearby for fish to spawn in. If it scares the fish off, don't double your back or run. Most of the islands have a central area surrounded by the sea on one side and rivers on the other. Follow this path either clockwise or counterclockwise to allow new fish to spawn off-screen.
Once you spot one, put your hook in front of them as soon as you can, but be careful not to try and reel it in too soon. I find that turning up the sound and closing my eyes is the best way to catch fish because the "bloop" sound they make when they bite is easier to react than the visual queues. This should help you reel in the most fish in no time. This is the key to winning the Animal Crossing: New Horizons fishing tournament. Once you've received all of the prizes and topped 300 points, you can stop and wait for your goldfish trophy to arrive in the mail the next day.
- This article was updated on: April 9, 2020
- Why are there only 7 crystal systems
- What screams I am a person with a double identity
- Gone are the days of wired communication
- How do servals differ from savannah cats
- Do you get the feeling that people are really honest?
- Why are we rejected
- What is a slow mind
- Has Intel lost the advantage in the semiconductor process
- Why don't cats live longer
- Why is racism no longer a crime
- Animals enjoy sunsets
- Where can I find Mahcet sample papers
- Why is Sensibull best for trading
- What caused the social justice movement
- What is an opiate receptor
- How can I make my girl hot
- Who was the guru of Mahatma Gandhi
- What is the history of drones
- What are the best wide frequency headphones
- Is this sentence semantically correct?
- Bootstrap is a programming language
- What is the global fund
- What does a guide dog training include
- What is the future of MIS