How do I stop my heart pounding
What to do if your heart starts racing suddenly
In some cases, palpitations can be remedied with a simple trick. However, if the pulse remains elevated for a long time, it can be life-threatening. Cardiologists warn against this.
Seizures of rapid heartbeat that occur suddenly for no apparent cause can in some cases be stopped by a simple trick. "By stimulating certain pressure receptors, the heartbeat can possibly be normalized again", explains Dr. Norbert Smetak, Dr. med. Norbert Smetak, Federal Chairman of the Federal Association of Resident Cardiologists (BNK) and practicing cardiologist in a specialist joint practice for internal medicine, cardiology and angiology in Kirchheim. "Sufferers can, for example, use their middle and index fingers to gently massage a point on the neck where the pulse can be felt. This stimulates the carotid sinus nerve, which measures the blood pressure in the carotid arteries Since the massage can also lower blood pressure, this method should only be used while sitting or lying down. Another possibility would be to hold your nose closed to equalize pressure, as when diving, and then to blow air into your nose with your mouth closed to press and keep the pressure upright for a few seconds receive. Or to drink a cold, carbonated drink quickly and then to burp. In both cases, the pressure in the chest and stomach area increases temporarily, which can stop the racing heart. "
Call a doctor immediately in the event of prolonged seizures, weakness or dizziness
However, if the pulse remains elevated for a long time, the racing heart must be treated by a doctor, otherwise it can lead to a life-threatening condition. "If the heart does not quickly return to its normal rhythm, it can become dangerous because not enough blood is pumped through the body when the heart is racing," warns Smetak develop in the atria or ventricles of the heart. In the worst case, it turns into ventricular fibrillation with pulse rates of over 300 beats per minute, which can be fatal without immediate treatment. Therefore, with prolonged attacks of palpitations, or when symptoms such as weakness or dizziness are added, a doctor must be called. "
- What is passive transport
- How many mistakes are there?
- Have you heard of S money
- What is S A D.
- What are signs of forgiveness
- Why can't a journalist reveal a source?
- Who killed King Ashur Xerxes and why
- What's your rating of Redis
- An MBA in Economics is a good course
- What do you think about ADHD
- There is less wind at night
- Have retailers made goods
- What do software automation engineers do
- Why shouldn't we buy Ford cars?
- How do bacteria arise 1
- Did Jesus Christ live in India
- How are group houses
- People kill pandas
- What are some facts about twins
- Boys find chubby girls unattractive
- What is HEDP water treatment
- When did you understand the term happiness?
- Hollywood stars still choose wrong names
- Can one gain weight by running?