When were the four gospels written?
The four gospels
Four evangelists and four gospels
Jesus himself did not write down his life story. He did not leave any further writings, nor are there any surviving eyewitness accounts. The writing of the Gospels began at the earliest 30 years after the death of Jesus. Until then, the story of Jesus has been transmitted orally.
The authors of the four Gospels were independent authors; none of them corrected or added to an existing text.
The salvation history of Christianity is told four times. Each of the four evangelists Mark, Matthew, Luke and John has their own point of view and tells in their own way about the life of Jesus on earth.
The Gospel of Matthew
The Gospel of Matthew comes first because it was long believed to be the oldest gospel. Today, however, most Bible researchers are of the opinion that the Gospel of Mark was written before the Gospel of Matthew.
The Gospel of Matthew was written around the year 80 AD. Matthew may have been a Judeo-Christian teacher who is not known to us; he was probably a student of the Apostles.
The gospel that has been handed down to us was written in Greek and also used the Gospel of Mark as a template. It also made use of another text that other evangelists were also aware of. Source Q is the name of this model of the canonical Gospels, unfortunately it has not survived.
Matthew places value on the interpretation of the figure of Christ as the Messiah, the Redeemer of Israel, who reveals himself to the people in the tradition of the prophecies of the Old Testament. Matthew goes into the genealogical tree of Jesus and tells his childhood story.
The Gospel of Mark
Mark is probably the first evangelist to document the life of Jesus. As with Matthew, research assumes that the Gospel of Mark was written around the time the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed, i.e. was written around AD 70. Presumably Mark comes from the early Christian community in Jerusalem and wrote his book in Rome.
The Gospel of Mark begins directly with the ministry of Jesus; Mark does not pass on his birth and youth. At the center of the gospel are the narratives of the death and resurrection of Christ, and much of the scriptures are devoted to the passion of Christ.
The Gospel of Luke
Lukas was probably a doctor. He appeared with the claim to write a factual report and truthfully recount the story of Jesus. He wanted to deliver the preaching of the good news historically and theologically reliable and relied on eyewitnesses of going back traditions.
The research assumes that Luke and Matthew used the Gospel of Mark and "Q" as a source independently of one another. In addition, both of them have incorporated other oral and written traditions into their gospels.
Because of the many, sometimes literal, similarities, research among the three evangelists speaks of the synoptics (Synopsis, Greek: "synopsis").
The Gospel of Luke dates from 80 to 90 AD and was probably written in Asia Minor, today's Turkey or Greece. It describes the birth of Jesus in great detail. The narration of the Christmas story as we know it can be found in the Gospel of Luke.
The Gospel of John
The fourth and last Gospel is the Gospel of John, which was written around 100 AD, probably in Ephesus, today's Turkey.
The Gospel of John differs considerably from the other three Synoptic Gospels. It is also called the "pneumatic" gospel, the gospel of the Spirit, because it speaks of the Holy Spirit most often compared to the other scriptures.
Indeed, many of the events raised by the Synoptics are absent from Scripture. While the story of Mark, Matthew and Luke is varied and the course of action is characterized by activity, the Gospel of John is characterized by a contemplative, meditative tone in which the teachings and reflections of Jesus are in the foreground.
The Gospel of John begins the story of Jesus with the narration of his baptism. Like Mark, John doesn't mention the birth of Jesus at all.
Status: December 17, 2019, 1:33 pm
- Is fear your only reason to be
- What do software automation engineers do
- Is this normal or possibly depression
- Why did Mussolini not depose the king?
- What is the definition of MPA
- Why do people hate Tumblr taking over Yahoo
- What are transitional bonds
- When will Tibet be part of India?
- What is the weirdness factor
- Swans are unusual
- Why is nothing good enough for me?
- Why are child-free weddings growing in popularity?
- Aging changes our body shape
- Does graviton exist in normal particles
- How do I apply for PSG College
- Mustafa Kemal Atatuerk was an Albanian
- Is Python future proof
- What are some examples of microbial life
- What made you change your old ways?
- How is Bangladesh represented in Pakistani textbooks
- What is Oracle Oaf Training
- How do I download NPM
- Where can I meet expats in Lagos
- What is the most valuable asset available
- What are some iconic lines from books
- How do I seem less innocent?
- What is the importance of innovative behavior
- Why decorate your home office
- Is there an alternative for Autodesk Revit
- What are the best budget speakers
- Have you ever mistreated your crush
- Who are some badass muslim women
- What is the use of a holder