What is hypoparathyroidism
The failure or underactive of the parathyroid gland is known as hypoparathyroidism. A calcium and magnesium deficiency are in the foreground. This is often associated with physical symptoms such as tingling in the hands and feet, muscle cramps, anxiety, or difficulty concentrating.
What is hypoparathyroidism?
When the parathyroid gland fails, the body either lacks the hormone parathyroid hormone or it cannot work properly. The deficiency is known as hypoparathyroidism. As a result of the hormone failure, electrolyte shifts occur, which manifest themselves primarily in the form of decreased calcium and magnesium levels, increased phosphate levels and decreased vitamin D levels in the blood.
What are the effects?
Parathyroid hormone ensures that both calcium and magnesium are sufficiently present in the body and that the phosphate level is also kept constant. These minerals are important for the functioning of bones and muscles, but also for many other cells in the body. If there is a deficiency, those affected often suffer from tingling in the hands, feet and around the mouth. Muscle spasms occur, as well as muscle and joint pain. Some report that they feel foggy or that they are more anxious and less physically resilient.
In around 80 percent of cases, hypoparathyroidism occurs after major thyroid surgery in which the parathyroid tissue has also been removed or cut off from the blood supply. It can also be caused by destruction of the thyroid tissue as a result of an autoimmune disease, a congenital disorder of the parathyroid function or a metabolic disorder.
The treatment consists of a therapy with calcium, magnesium and vitamin D hormone in tablet form. If these medications are not sufficient, hormone replacement therapy with artificially produced parathyroid hormone has recently been available
- Is Marvel racist against Asians
- Have the Ottomans conquered Morocco
- Is fraud allowed in IGNOU
- Which is better CSE or mechanical engineering
- Are healthy foods overrated
- Are border lines chronic lieutenants
- Can a suspended notary still certify documents?
- What is LSI in terms of SEO
- Are bus outlet bags of inferior quality
- Why doesn't God kill us
- Did Jesus really walk on this earth?
- What modern trend do you not understand?
- Is the share price of Facebook overvalued?
- What are some good substitutes for jaggery
- What does 786
- How can meditation improve my life
- What is a dual bit map
- Why is the Holocaust so important
- How LinkedIn works for leads
- What is the cheapest vacation in Maldives
- What is the most prestigious tennis tournament
- How does the internet ruin journalistic integrity?
- Is the Zorgo project real
- How can I track a Voonik order