Is Clarice Starling in the Hannibal series
ProSieben & Sat.1 secure the "Silence of the Lambs" series - but that is probably quite a failure
“The Silence of the Lambs” is one of the undisputed masterpieces in film history. In 1991 the thriller about FBI agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster), serial killer Buffalo Bill (Ted Levine) and cannibal Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) shocked audiences. Ten years later, the film sequel "Hannibal" followed, but with "Clarice" German viewers will soon be facing a series that also ties in with the events of the thriller milestone.
Now ProSiebenSat.1 has secured the rights to the German broadcast of the series sequel to “Das Schweigen der Lämmer”. It is not yet known whether the series will ultimately end up on ProSieben, Sat.1 or directly on the streaming service Joyn. Nor when the media group wants to show "Clarice".
The crime thriller series has already started in the USA, which is why we are going to give you an initial assessment of whether it is worth it at all. First of all: The answer will not please "Silence of the Lambs" fans ...
This is what "Clarice" is about
As the title suggests, the series focuses on the protagonist of the original film, Clarice Starling. The plot of "Clarice" takes place about one year after "The Silence of the Lambs" and thus well before "Hannibal", which begins ten years later.
Clarice (played by Rebecca Breeds on the series) wants to advance her career and goes on the hunt for serial killers and rapists in Washington D.C. In doing so, she becomes more and more aware that the FBI didn't think much of women in the nineties and that she therefore had to work harder to survive in a world dominated by men.
Is the "Silence of the Lambs" series worth it?
"Clarice" did not start until February 11, 2021 in the USA and has only been shown one episode so far, but unfortunately the negative reviews are already mounting. From the over 20 reviews on the reviews collection pageRottenTomatoes are listed so far, only a meager 36 percent are positive. The general conclusion is that "Clarice" is an atmospheric, but narrative weak series that does not do justice to its original.
Too bad. So it seems like the series is quite a cucumber that can't hold a candle to the 1991 masterpiece. If there is no quality improvement in the following episodes, we might prefer to avoid the sequel, which will soon also be shown in Germany, and instead watch "The Silence of the Lambs" again:
The FILMSTARTS review of "The Silence of the Lambs"
- Which universities really give 100 financial support?
- Can reverse osmosis clean borehole wellpoint water
- Would you learn from a mentor
- What is your favorite essential oil diffuser
- Why do people say they break their legs?
- Upwork charges fees
- What does 4chan think of 8chan
- Should I continue the Google Foobar challenge
- Can a pig overtake a person?
- How is computer science at the IIT
- Music helps increase concentration
- How many runways does Schiphol have
- What alternatives are there to Google BigQuery
- Published by Indian Express from Kolkata
- What are joyful music
- What are foam fire extinguishers used for?
- What does Moi Bien mean
- When is a Facebook application blocked?
- How do you say good night in Danish?
- Where is scrap market in Gujranwala Pakistan
- Did you lose money trading?
- Which muscle is attached to the infraspinate fossa
- What are your favorite bootleg albums
- When was Norsk Hydro bombed during World War II