Are my ears big enough to stretch?
When the body sends SOS Your body's warning signs that you shouldn't ignore
When the stomach growls
But why does the stomach growl? When we eat something, the food slips down the esophagus and into the stomach. There it is mixed with gastric juice and liquefied into a chyme. To filter out nutrients, stomach muscles knead the pulp well. When the muscles contract, a so-called peristaltic wave is created. She pushes the chyme through the digestive tract.
And when the stomach is empty, the muscles just keep working.
And that's what makes the noises. Because in an empty stomach, air and stomach acid are swirled together and pressed into the intestine - and that does not work silently.
However, if the noises persist and are accompanied by symptoms such as pain, vomiting, diarrhea or nausea, this must be examined - preferably by a specialist, a gastroenterologist.
When joints crack
As if it had to be oiled again, some cracking sounds in the knee or in other joints.
What happened? In the joint, the synovial fluid makes the joint surfaces stick together. When the joint is pulled apart or stretched, the synovial fluid is briefly separated. This creates a negative pressure and it has to be balanced again. That's why the liquid flows back again and that can be pretty loud.
Sometimes your feet, knees or shoulders crack all by themselves, e.g. if you have been lying down for a long time. In this position, the ligaments on the knee often slip into the wrong position. If you then bend the joint, the ligaments jump back into their correct position over the bones - and that cracks.
However, if there is pain or swelling, it is advisable to see a doctor or an orthopedic surgeon.
When it whistles in your ear
For many people it is a whistling, humming, hissing or ringing ... noise in the ear. Almost everyone knows ringing in the ears. They appear suddenly and then are gone again. With other people the tones stick, they suffer from tinnitus.
It is a disorder of the hearing organ which can lead to hearing loss, noises in the ears and / or oversensitivity to noise.
Do not wait for the whistling in your ears to stop, see an ENT doctor.
If you don't stop swallowing
Then they probably drank something very cold, something carbonated or alcohol. Even if you have eaten very spicy or too hastily and swallowed a lot of air, you can get hiccups - because it stretches or irritates the stomach unusually.
Those affected should only go to the doctor after two days of "long-term pain". Such chronic hiccups can indicate that the nerve that controls breathing between the head and chest is disrupted somewhere.
Three home remedies to get rid of the hiccups
- Hold by breath. When the level of carbon dioxide in the blood increases, the body shuts down unnecessary reflexes in order to concentrate on what is important - to take a breath.
- Think about what you ate three days ago.
- Spell backwards. Any kind of mental distraction calms the breath.
- How does high blood pressure cause cerebral ischemia
- What is circular fashion
- How did Slack get its initial traction?
- What does two cointegration mean
- How much salary is justified
- Magpies are dangerous
- What is na sharu in Russian
- Are you hopeful for 2019
- What do albatrosses look like
- What are the uses of aluminum
- How auspicious are birthstones
- Introverts tend to be paranoid
- A square can be called a rectangle
- What are wages without wages
- Can you see Madagascar from Mozambique
- How much do private music teachers earn
- Something recently happened without your consent
- Online exam software
- How can management and organization work together
- How is technology a way to reveal
- How can I get my depression cured?
- How can I lighten a hair dye
- All postcodes offer deliveries on Saturday
- Only plants can synthesize food. Why