How about Super Bowl Week
Super Bowl fans gossip about The Weeknd's show: "lame number"
The Weeknd put seven million dollars out of his own pocket into his performance at Super Bowl LV. The singer wanted his performance to be one of the best shows ever. But this plan doesn't seem to have worked out completely.
For many fans, the halftime show is at least as important as the Super Bowl itself. Last year Shakira and Jennifer Lopez heated up the audience together, the year before the band Maroon 5. In 2021 The Weeknd was on stage during halftime.
Seven million dollars out of pocket
The Canadian rapper got out of a sports car on Sunday at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa and in a red glitter jacket played a medley with his hits "Blinding Lights" and "I Feel It Coming". The artist was supported by hundreds of dancers and several fireworks in the futuristic and glamorous interlude. The musician did without other guest stars.
For the first time in the history of the Super Bowl, the halftime show did not take place on the lawn. Instead, the 30-year-old performed in almost all of the stadium's stands. "We wanted to do something that we had never done before," said the singer.
The Weeknd had invested seven million US dollars in its appearance for the implementation. Because he wanted the performance to be one of the best shows ever. But the 30-year-old doesn't seem to have quite succeeded. His performance was less well received on the internet.
"I've looked in vain for the seven million"
"Probably the most boring halftime show in NFL history," commented someone on Twitter, for example. "I was expecting a little more," said another viewer. "I looked in vain for the seven million that he contributed from his own cash," wrote another user. You can also read on Twitter: "The Weeknd is investing seven million out of its own pocket for a perfect halftime show. It's a bad joke, isn't it? What kind of lame number was that?"
Above all, however, the poor sound bothered the audience. "How about turning up the volume so we can hear something?" Asked a viewer. Another wrote: "Seven million out of pocket ... they didn't go into the tone." But there were also a few positive voices. "Nicely staged" or "great show" can also be read every now and then.
With its sound, which is influenced by Michael Jackson, among others, The Weeknd is considered a music avant-garde who has played a key role in shaping the US industry in recent years. To be on one of the largest stages in the world during the Super Bowl halftime is not only a great honor, but usually also means another career boost for the performers.
- What are some spanish rhyming poems
- How do I get to Shoreditch London
- What is the server management system
- What is the coffee table concept 1
- How to convert propane to isopropanol
- How disoriented are hearing aids
- What is the Zoho One company
- Why are you so damn beautiful
- Why do most cyclists hate e-bikes
- Why are restaurants expensive to build
- How dangerous are arguments for a relationship
- Which hotel should I stay in Goa
- Which animal names start with black
- What is the value of 509
- What is the difference between love and duty
- What if a friend is possessive
- How to solve 100 times 100
- How is Eddie Murphy personally
- What kind of doctors treat muscle injuries
- What is a CMS content management system
- Overall, 30 is a young age
- Why is a startup always difficult
- Why is IIPM not recognized by UGC
- Is Kejriwal a right person