How do you study psychology
The first year of the bachelor's degree introduces the general principles of psychology, its various sub-areas as well as statistics and research methods. Elective subjects are added in the second and third year of study. Methodology, statistics as well as diagnostics and evaluation remain a compulsory part of the course.
The master’s program enables you to deepen certain areas. These vary depending on the university:
- Development and Personality Psychology
- Clinical psychology, psychotherapy and psychopathology
- Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience
- Social, organizational and economic psychology
"I find the course very exciting because it offers so many perspectives on the human psyche."More on this
Psychology students should have an interest in human experience and behavior as well as an interest in scientific work and scientific disputes. This also includes the willingness to deal with statistics and methodological fundamentals. Systematic thinking and judgment are required not only during studies, but also in later professional life.
Openness, intuition and the willingness to perceive yourself and other people from different perspectives and to constantly reflect on yourself and your own actions are also important. Linguistic ability to express themselves as well as knowledge of English (Matura level) should also be present.
Differences between universities and technical colleges
At the universities, the introductory year (preparatory course) ends with several exams. Only those who completely pass it can continue their studies.
The course structure at the universities of applied sciences allows you to set your own priorities more quickly. Studying at the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland FHNW or Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZFH requires an aptitude test.
Further training in psychotherapy requires a master’s degree in psychology or applied psychology (business psychology is not included) as well as academic achievements in clinical psychology or psychopathology. If these achievements have not already been made during the course, they can be made up for.
Examples of research topics in psychology are:
- Creativity exercises and experiencing stress
- Psychotherapy and placebo
- Effectiveness of Internet-Based Interventions
- Relationship between emotion and memory
Admission, registration and start of studies
Information on admission to the various universities as well as registration and the start of studies can be found under Admission, Registration, Start of Studies.
- How can I make canned glaze better
- Why do people like Metallica
- When should we start learning AngularJS?
- Who plays the main role in the film Independence Day
- Why is market research important in China
- Is Macbook good for technology
- What are the properties of ceramics
- What is another name for a ninja
- Have you heard convincing evidence of reincarnation?
- Why don't you watch TV anymore
- What is hypoparathyroidism
- How do I face high school
- How does a collapsible steering column work
- Will Bitcoin exist in 2030?
- Who killed Walder Frey
- What is a coupling capacitor
- Where does the taxable income begin?
- Are tarantulas intelligent
- If 2x 17 33 what is x
- What is a chi machine
- Is Adobe Character Animator useful for animators
- What are you hiding under your bed
- What is the Weight Loss Calculator Formula
- Who created the Gregorian calendar