What product services does Google offer
We wrote Our Ten Principles when Google was only a few years old. From time to time we check that the list is still up to date. We hope that this is the case - and that you can continue to measure us against it.
1. The user comes first, everything else follows automatically.
Since the company was founded, we at Google have focused on providing the user with an optimal and unique experience. From developing our own internet browser to putting the finishing touches to our homepage design, one thing is more important to us than profits and internal goals: that all of our efforts ultimately benefit the user. Our user interface is clear and simple, and the pages load quickly. Search results placement cannot be bought under any circumstances, and ads are not only clearly marked as such, but also provide relevant content and not distract from the actual search. We believe that new tools and applications should work so well that you don't worry about what you could have done differently.
2. It's best to do something really well.
Google specializes in search queries. We have one of the largest research departments in the world that is solely focused on solving search-related problems. When difficulties arise, we do not give up, solve complex problems and continuously make improvements that already enable millions of users to find information quickly and easily. Thanks to our commitment to optimizing the search function, we were able to apply our acquired knowledge to new products such as Gmail and Google Maps. We would like to transfer the success of the search to previously unexplored areas so that users can efficiently use an even larger part of the constantly increasing amount of information for themselves.
3. Fast is better than slow.
Time is very valuable to all of us. When you search for something on the web, you want the answer right away. We want to live up to this expectation every time we use Google. Google is probably the only company in the world with the express goal of getting users off the site as quickly as possible. Time and again, Google succeeds in breaking its own speed records, as we are working on removing every superfluous bit and byte from our pages and increasing the efficiency of the server infrastructure. The average response time for a search is currently only a fraction of a second. With every new product development, speed is one of the most important criteria - regardless of whether we are developing a mobile application or a browser such as Google Chrome, which is optimized for the speed of the modern Internet. And we are continuously working on making everything a little faster.
4. Democracy works on the internet.
The concept of Google works because it relies on millions of unique users who post links on their websites and thus determine which other websites offer valuable content. We use more than 200 signals and highly specialized technologies to assess the importance of each website. Of particular importance is our PageRank ™ algorithm, which we use to analyze which websites are rated as good by other sites on the Internet. This method just keeps getting better the more the internet grows as each website is another source of information and another value that matters. At the same time, we promote the development of open source software, in which the joint efforts of numerous programmers pave the way for new innovations.
5. You don't always sit at your desk when you need an answer.
The mobile world is growing incessantly: information should be available everywhere and at all times. We develop innovative technologies and new mobile solutions that help people around the world use extensive functions on their smartphones. This ranges from checking e-mails and appointments to watching videos and the numerous possibilities of Google search. With Android, we want to open up even more innovations and possibilities to users all over the world. The free open source platform for mobile devices should make the entire openness of the Internet accessible to them. Android not only offers a wider range of innovative mobile solutions for users, it also opens up revenue opportunities for mobile operators, manufacturers and developers.
6. Make money without harming anyone
Google is a business company. The company generates revenue by providing search technology to other companies and selling ads that appear on the Google website and other websites on the Internet. Hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide use Google AdWords to advertise their products, and hundreds of thousands of web publishers use our Google AdSense program to serve ads that match their web content. We want all of our users to be happy - regardless of whether they are advertisers. For this reason we have developed a number of principles for our advertising programs:
- Google only allows advertising on the search results pages if it is relevant to the content you are looking for. Ads can contain useful information - if, and only if, it's relevant to what you're looking for. This is why it is also possible that certain search queries do not show any ads at all.
- In our opinion, advertising can be effective and at the same time unobtrusive. Google doesn't accept pop-up ads that may obscure the content you're looking for. We found that text ads that are relevant to the searcher have much higher click-through rates than ads that appear randomly. Every advertiser, whether sole proprietor or large corporation, can benefit from this targeted medium.
- Ads are always clearly marked as such on Google so that the integrity of our search results is preserved. Rankings are never manipulated in order to achieve a higher position in the search results for our partners. Nobody can buy a better PageRank. Our users trust Google's objectivity, and no short-term benefit could ever justify breaking that trust.
7. There is always more information somewhere.
After Google indexed more web pages than any other search service, we turned to the information that wasn't that easy to find on the web. Sometimes it was just a matter of including new databases, such as adding a phone number and address search or a business directory. Other things called for more creativity, such as adding the ability to search news archives, patents, scientific literature, billions of images, and millions of books. But that's not all, as the Google research team continues to look for ways to make all the information available around the world accessible to users.
8. Information is needed across all borders.
Although our company was founded in California, we have set ourselves the goal of simplifying access to information worldwide and in any language. To this end, we have locations in more than 60 countries, have more than 180 internet domains, and deliver over half of our results to users outside the US. The Google Search user interface is available in over 130 languages, and users can narrow search results to their language. Our goal is to offer our other products and apps in as many languages and as barrier-free as possible. Our translation tools can also help users discover content that is not available in their language. Thanks to these tools and the collaboration of volunteer translators, both the variety and the quality of our services have been greatly improved, so that we can make them available even to users in the remotest corners of the world.
9. Seriousness doesn't need a suit.
Google was founded with the belief that work should be a challenge that is fun. We are convinced that the right corporate culture is the best basis for innovative and creative ideas - and that doesn't just mean lava lamps or rubber balls. Successful teamwork as well as excellent individual performance are the focal points that make up the overall success of Google. Our employees are the most important thing: motivated, passionate people with different backgrounds and a creative view of work and life. In our informal atmosphere, ideas can arise in the queue in the café, during a team meeting or in the fitness center. These ideas are being exchanged, tested and put into practice at an incredible pace. And sometimes they are even the beginning of a globally successful project.
10. Good is not good enough.
Google sees its top position as a starting point rather than an end point. We set ourselves ambitious goals in order to consistently exceed our own expectations. A well-functioning product is continuously improved by Google through continuous innovation in often unexpected ways. For example, searches work well on correctly spelled words, but what about misspellings? One of our developers recognized this problem and developed a spell checker, which makes searching even more intuitive and better.
Even if you don't know exactly what you are looking for, our job is to find an answer on the internet. We try to recognize the needs of our users worldwide before they are explicitly stated, and then to meet these needs with products and services that keep setting new standards. When we started Gmail, it offered more storage space than any other email service. In retrospect, this seems self-evident - but only because new standards now apply to the amount of storage space used by e-mail services. We want to achieve such changes and we are always looking for new challenges. Constant questioning and dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs is the driving force behind everything we do.
- What are the formats of the GPS coordinates
- What are some things that you find overrated
- Loves God celebrities
- Should I love God, yes or no
- Who is the Richest Kardashian Jenner
- Work strength and energy together
- Why is Facebook facing a decline
- What is VBT theory
- What is your theory behind the Evangelion
- How is a computer helpful for programming?
- Rest can help control dopamine levels
- Requires the smartphone camera OIS
- How do I find many business addresses
- Which country plants the most trees
- Why is methodology important to social science
- What is RFT in garments
- Does your friend check out other girls
- What are the best colleges for AI
- What is beyond the universe 2
- Grocare drugs have any side effects
- Should I feed my dog sweet potatoes?
- How can crying affect your health?
- Could be a word homogenized
- Where can adults learn to play the guitar
- Can we make 4 dimensional objects
- Underground utilities are easier to maintain
- Should provide hardware for shared offices
- How and when a downpour occurs
- What is the Italian version of cheers
- What is a narcissistic goal
- How much sex do you have
- What makes Indian men more attractive
- What are the octopus predators
- Remigrate is a real agency