Why do you like the Bhagavad Gita
Gita Jayanti (Sanskrit: गीत gīta adj. u. n.) (Sanskrit: जयन्ती jayantī f.) Means victory day of the Bhagavad Gita. If one speaks only of Gita, it means the Bhagavad Gita. Jaya means victory, triumph. Jayanti is therefore called the day of victory, the day of triumph. Mostly Jayanti refers to the birth of a divine incarnation. So there is Krishna Jayanti, Buddha Jayanti, Hanuman Jayanti. Gita Jayanti refers to the birth of the Bhagavad Gita, i.e. the day on which Sanjaya recited, sang, told the Bhagavad Gita to the Dhritarashtra.
Sukadev on Gita Jayanti
Transcription of a lecture video (2014) by Sukadev about Gita Jayanti
Gita Jayanti is the birthday of the Bhagavad Gita. Jayanti is the birthday when one speaks of "Gita", Gita actually means "the one sung", but when one speaks of "Gita", the Bhagavad Gita is always meant. So when one speaks of "Gita Jayanti" it is the birthday of the Bhagavad Gita. You may ask yourself, how can a script have been born? And a part of the Mahabharata at that? The reason the Gita Jayanti has a birthday is because the Bhagavad Gita was told to the Dhritarashtra of Sanjaya. Sanjaya was the minister of Dhritarashtra and Dhritarashtra was the blind king, and there was just a battle in the Mahabharata on Kurukshetra - so many Sanskrit terms that you can also look up in our Sanskrit online dictionary. Anyway, the Dhritarashtra wanted to know, "What happened on the battlefield?" He had heard that Bhishma, the general of his army, was fatally wounded. And so he wanted to know: "How did it come about?" And then spoke Sanjaya, who had received a divine vision from Narada and Vyasa, who told what had happened on the battlefield. And on the day when Sanjaya told the Dhritarashtra what happened on the Mahabharata battlefield, that became the day for Gita Jayanti, because in the Mahabharata it is also told when it was, at which moon phase, which Tithi from which lunar month. And so Gita Jayanti is celebrated in the same tithi, in the same moon phase, in the same month as it was described in the Mahabharata that Sanjaya told the Dhritarashtra the Bhagavad Gita. With that in mind, Gita Jayanti.
In the Sivananda Ashram Rishikesh, Gita Jayanti is celebrated by reciting the full Bhagavad Gita that day, that is, all eighteen chapters, so a whole lot. This takes about two and a half to three hours. It's relatively quick, I was there once and I even know some in the Sivananda Ashram Rishikesh who can recite the Bhagavad Gita in full without looking in a text book. And there were about a dozen of the swamis who read one verse after the other without interruption and thus read the full Bhagavad Gita. Also with Yoga Vidya we have already had it a few times that we have read the complete Bhagavad Gita in one piece, but we have not yet done that on Gita Jayanti, but more between Christmas and New Year or on New Year's Day, so that to greet the new year with the wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita. For us it typically takes four to five hours or sometimes a little shorter, the last time it was faster, maybe three hours, the first time it took four to five hours. So, Gita Jayanti, the birthday of the Bhagavad Gita or the birthday celebration of the Bhagavad Gita, a day, mostly lying at the beginning of December, counted according to the lunar months, a day when you can especially recite the Bhagavad or read at least a few verses from it . By the way, you can also find the date for Gita Jayanti on our website. You can go to www.yoga-vidya.de and then enter "spiritual calendar" in the search field above. And then you will also find the exact date, this year or next year, when Bhagavad Gita Jayanti will be. Or if you want to know more about Gita Jayanti himself, then enter "Gita Jayanti" in the search field and you will find even more information about this important holiday, the birthday of the Bhagavad Gita, Gita Jayanti.
- Sukadev Volker Bretz: The Yoga Wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita for Today's People Volume 1. Publisher: Yoga Vidya; ISBN: 3931854620
- Sri Aurobindo: Bhagavadgita. Gladenbach: Hinder + Deelmann (1988). ISBN 3-87348-127-8
- Michael von Brück: Bhagavad Gita: The song of the sublime. Leipzig: Verlag der Weltreligionen (2007). ISBN 3-458-70002-9
- Klaus Mylius: The Bhagavadgita. Munich: dtv 12455 (1997). ISBN 3-423-12455-5
- Swami Sivananda: Shrimad Bhagavad Gita. Lautersheim: Mangalam Books (2008); ISBN 3-922477-06-8
- Jack Hawley: Bhagavadgita: the holy book of Hinduism; a contemporary version for western readers. Goldmann Arkana 2002; ISBN 3-442-21607-9
- Paul Deussen: "The Song of the Holy. A Philosophical Episode of the Mahabharatam". Translation of the Bhagavad Gita. Leipzig. Fa. Brockhaus. 1911.
Jnana Yoga, Philosophy Jnana Yoga, Philosophy
- May 28, 2021 - May 30, 2021 - Asanas in the spirit of Sanskrit
- During these hours you hold the asanas a little longer than (possibly) used and enjoy Sanskrit affirmations that I get from the yoga sutras by Patanjali and Vedantic texts by Adi Shankara ...
- 05/30/2021 - 06/04/2021 - Vedanta Meditation Course Leader Training
- Vedanta meditations aim to question the identification with one's person, to focus attention on the self and to develop clear spiritual instruments. We treat ...
- May 22, 2021 - May 22, 2021 - Spiritual concert with Pranavi and Sarada
- Free event - donations are welcome. Time: 6.45pm - 7.45pm Pranavi Verena Deventer and Sarada Drautzenburg (vocals) Melissa Leao (2nd voice) Cris Gavazzoni (percussion) Matthias…
- May 22, 2021 - May 29, 2021 - Special seminar Bhagavad Gita online
- This seminar is part of an intensive training course for yoga teachers. You deal intensively with the Bhagavad Gita: recitation, treatment and interpretation of this "highest ...
The Yoga of Despair - Bhagavad Gita as an aid to deal with despair - Sukadev in the podcast
What is really important in life - tips from the Bhagavad Gita - Sukadev in the podcast
- Who sings whatever you like
- How is your country hopeless
- Which apps are not available on the iPhone?
- How do you promote motivation
- Is Barcelona's midfield now the weakest link
- Is Facebook a complete waste of time
- How can I correct my mother's spelling?
- Chemistry is hard to study
- What is your favorite motivational song
- What little habits made you feel confident
- How secure is the 128-bit AES encryption
- Was someone addicted to pain killers?
- How has selective breeding changed dog behavior?
- Could Ebola be used to weaken ISIS?
- What does Demat Holding
- Do people deserve this earth
- What is COMEDK 2019 curriculum
- Melania Trump was a model
- What is alumni
- What does Releve describe in ballet
- Can peach faced lovebirds eat budgie seeds
- How do I find many business addresses
- What are prepositions in English grammar
- How is angle iron cut
- What are the famous places in Cochin
- Where can I buy Toblerone in Chennai
- What does the setting mean in Beowulf
- When did Janis Joplin make it big?
- Which animals live in forests in China
- How Search Aggregator Websites Make Money
- Upwork Plus costs money
- What Are Some Hacker News Hacks
- How are cats and dogs alike?