How do you travel with medication
The first-aid kit is one of the most important parts of holiday luggage. Because the changing temperatures, the unfamiliar food and other hygiene conditions are attack surfaces for various diseases. A well-stocked first-aid kit is important to keep you healthy on vacation. This should be adapted to your individual needs.
In this article you will learn
- that when traveling with a time difference, you should take your medication according to the interval between two doses and not the time
- that airlines have strict regulations for taking liquid medication in their hand luggage.
- that you need a medical certificate to be able to take certain prescription drugs with you in your hand luggage.
Make your first-aid kit the best prior to travel together. Because abroad, language barriers often make it difficult to get your individual medication.
When putting together the first-aid kit, you should consider the following:
- Storage and transport of the medication
- Airline safety regulations
- Ingestion times with time difference
- Type and participants of the trip
- Special requirements for the travel destination
Storage and transport of medicines when traveling
When you are out and about, you must protect your medication from damage in transit, direct sunlight and fluctuating temperatures. If possible, take everything with you in its original packaging. This protects the medication from light and you have the package inserts to hand. Medicines in tablet form can usually be stored at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C). Slight and short-term exceeding or falling below the temperature are i. d. Usually unproblematic. However, you should avoid extreme heat or direct sunlight.
If you are dependent on medication that needs to be refrigerated (2 to 8 ° C), a special cooler bag is recommended. You can use these e.g. B. buy in pharmacies. The cold packs are usually filled with a liquid. Therefore, for air travel you need a doctor's confirmation that the cooling is absolutely necessary.
Also pay attention to this when packing the first-aid kit Expiration date. If the medication has passed its date or was stored incorrectly, you should no longer use it. Discolored, cloudy, or puffy tablets, creams or liquids indicate spoiled medicines. Preferably pack unopened or recently opened products in the first-aid kit.
The correct packaging for the medication is also important when traveling. Liquids such as cough syrup are usually only available in small glass vials. Pack them in your luggage so that they are unbreakable, for example with bubble wrap. It is also advisable to use secure packaging that is as insulating as possible to protect against heat and cold. A specially padded bag or a small suitcase is well suited for this.
Airline safety regulations: what is important when taking medication on the plane?
The following applies to all air travel: liquids such as cough syrup, creams and ointments can be carried in hand luggage in containers of a maximum of each Take 100 milliliters with you.
Each passenger is allowed to take a maximum of one liter of liquids with them. He has to transport this in a resealable, transparent bag. On the other hand, medication in solid form is allowed in hand luggage without restriction.
There is an exception for some prescription drugsthat you must take while traveling by air. These include, for example, the insulin injections used by diabetics or asthma sprays. For such medication you need a medication certificate for customs or the security check at the airport. General practitioners will provide you with an appropriate one on request English language certificate out.
Some countries have strict import regulations for certain drugs. These include the USA, Singapore, Saudi Arabia and China. Information on import regulations and maximum quantities of certain substances can be obtained from the embassy of your destination country.
Taking medication with time difference
During a vacation trip you will often cross several Time zones. Pay attention to medication that you should take at special times of the day. A classic example is the birth control pill. When taking it, that counts Distance between 2 receipts and not the time. For example, if you are traveling to New York, the time difference is 6 hours. So if you usually take a particular drug at 8 p.m., you need to take it at 2 p.m. in New York.
You can also take some medications with little time difference. This is especially true if the intake falls during the night while on vacation. It is best to discuss this with your doctor beforehand. This will tell you to what extent you actually have to adhere to the intake times.
What belongs in the first aid kit?
How you put together your first-aid kit depends on various conditions. In addition to Basic equipment you should therefore pay attention to the following individual aspects:
- Your individual needs and illnesses
- The travel destination
- The type of trip
- The participants of the trip
The basic equipment of a first-aid kit
Minor injuries and illnesses can occur on every trip. The most important components of every first-aid kit therefore include:
- Means for wound care: plasters, gauze bandages, sterile bandages, compresses, scissors, tweezers
- Painkillers, cold and fever medicines
- Tablets for travel sickness, diarrhea and constipation
- Sun protection, insect protection
- Wound and healing ointments
You can also buy pre-packed first-aid kits from pharmacies. However, such a first-aid kit usually only contains the basic equipment mentioned. If you travel to distant countries or with children, the requirements increase. This also applies to sports and bathing trips or in the event of individual susceptibility to certain diseases.
- What martial art is good for beginners
- Can dogs come back to chase you
- How difficult is a BA in business
- Are keyboard phones better than smartphones
- How effective is nofap in teenagers
- What is a satellite chromosome
- Who invented the rhetorical question
- What is superparamagnetic material
- How good works glorify God
- How difficult is AP Art History
- What is your best experience
- What do Greeks think of Bosniaks
- Where is sound processed in the brain
- Taking steroids can kill you
- What are some facts about St. Patrick
- Why don't magnets die like batteries
- What is generic
- What is the English of% E0% A4% B0% E0% A5% 87% E0% A4% 96% E0% A4% BE% E0% A4% 97% E0% A5% 9C% E0
- What makes a full flower name
- How can military coups be avoided?
- What does it mean to simplify
- What was your most expensive vacation trip
- Where do modern dog breeds come from
- After mechanical engineering, I can come to CS
- How is Suga from BTS really
- Why do prescription drugs have strange names
- What are the uses for litmus
- Where are the native people of Iceland
- Supports DirectX 11 all PC games
- What was your first violin concerto
- Is Grover in the Heroes of Olympus
- Can we add salt in curd cheese?
- Do you think musical theater actors exaggerate
- What is the definition of atmospheric composition