What's new in the new public administration
New trends in the world of work
The world of work is shaped by many megatrends. The world has never been as fast (lively), unpredictable and complex as it is today. Something that is the ultimate today is yesterday's news tomorrow. Dynamics, digitization and globalization are just some of the factors that are structurally transforming the world of work. Corona accelerated this change even further in the first half of the year. New work is characterized by more flexible work structures, self-determined action and a modern type of leadership.
This raises particular challenges, especially in public administrations: How can the administration become more adaptable to rapid changes, master complex tasks and be / become an attractive workplace? And at the same time comply with your basic mission as an anchor of stability for rule-of-law and professional action?
The desire for change is noticeable, but often more challenging than in companies, as traditional forms of bureaucracy (still) often prevail in administration.
The specifics of public administration
The public administration is exposed to increasing pressure from politics and the public. It is becoming more and more difficult to find young and qualified employees and to retain them. The executives of the public administration no longer have the pulse of the employees. The technology is out of date and customers are not satisfied either.
This is how one could describe the problems of public administration. But what are the special features of the administration and how do they affect the problem areas?
The administration implements the law so that its services are largely specified and it works according to political guidelines. Solutions that work for the private sector cannot simply be copied to the administration.
We present approaches of the new work, which can nevertheless provide a remedy.
- Freedom and trust
Give your colleagues freedom and do without strict regulations. The trust that you express in your colleagues increases their motivation and creativity.
Think beyond your own technical organizational unit. Open yourself to dialogue and use the power of the collective.
- Situational hierarchies
Release your basic attitude from rigid hierarchies. Supplement the necessary formal hierarchies with situational hierarchies and distribute areas of responsibility for specific situations.
Split complex challenges into small steps. Experiment more in these small steps instead of making long-term plans.
Use your customers to improve and develop your services.
- Mutual feedback
Use feedback as a mutual exchange through which you appreciate each other and express suggestions for improvement instead of evaluating yourself from top to bottom.
- new technologies
Focus on the new opportunities that new technologies offer you, less on the risks.
- What is RO cleaning
- Is the sentence correct in detail
- Which states are covered by Law 370
- What is the Russian word for goal
- How are the EEE placements at BMSIT
- Does having good friends affect your marriage?
- Who was Pazuzu according to mythology
- What kind of horse is Epona
- Should I join Zomato?
- Why does the weather change every time
- Why should we prefer Scilab
- What do wisdom teeth look like
- Who forgives the priests their sins?
- Google saves our data-compressed format
- How auspicious are birthstones
- How can technology reduce corruption
- What words rhyme with the hand
- Do you tolerate heat or cold better
- Who is the CIO of IBM
- Is competitive or promotional
- How much sexual orientation is innate
- What the hell happened to Ted Nugent
- Which is constant happiness or misery
- What is Disha Pattani known for?
- Who lives in Kansas
- Works the hair smoothing
- Are men physically superior to women
- Who What is important in this world
- Are there any rags in IIIT Delhi
- How have airplanes evolved over the course of history
- Are men physically superior to women
- What is a one bedroom junior apartment
- How did American religious law begin?
- How was your experience with SemRush