Is there a design in evolution
Creationism - creation versus evolution
The culmination of the legal dispute was the Dayton, Tennessee "monkey trial" in 1925, in which a teacher on behalf of educational groups led a model trial against the US state that had recently forbidden to teach Darwin's theory of evolution.
In the process a decision was made against the teacher, but the verdict was overturned due to formal errors. For creationism, the public debate about the process was a defeat, as its views were ridiculed around the world.
Creationism as part of the biology class
Yet creationism by no means disappeared. Measured against the "resolute rejection" of the theory of evolution, more than 40 percent in the United States in 2016 took the position of creationists, which is far more people than in any other western industrial nation.
Evangelical groups have long been politically lobbying to ensure that creationism is taught in schools as an equal alternative to evolutionary theory.
They were even able to win over the then US President George W. Bush for this demand: In August 2005 he spoke out in favor of the teaching of "intelligent design" being taught in schools in biology as being on a par with the theory of evolution.
"Intelligent Design" is the creationist thesis that the origin of the universe and life can best be explained by an intelligence - a creator - and not by a process that is free of control, such as mutation and selection.
In the US state of Kansas, "intelligent design" is now actually taught on an equal footing with evolutionary theory in schools.
Creationism in Germany
Even if creationism is hardly present in public in Germany and its ideas are ridiculed: In part of the evangelical movement and in many free churches in Germany, creationism is now part of the world interpretation. Here it is taken for granted that the Bible is right and science is wrong.
The most important creationist organization in the German-speaking area is the study group "Wort und Wissen", founded in 1979 by Theodor Ellinger and Horst W. Beck and based in Baiersbronn.
In the free church it has established itself as the authority for the rejection of the theory of evolution. A group of several thousand people support "Word and Knowledge", and it is probably the best-equipped creationist organization in Europe in terms of personnel and science.
- Shakespeare was published in modern English
- Has the Redmi K20 Pro OIS
- How hard does your bird bite
- What is the solution for the following
- What is an unconscious mind
- How can I extract lead from Instagram
- Can blockchain technology be hacked?
- Where is the Mercedes Benz manufactured
- What counts as marijuana paraphernalia
- What is the best paper for stencils
- Where are Fortis College Credits transferred?
- How is IDFC First Bank for Investing
- Are free market fundamentalists really that conservative?
- Are Cretan Jews or Gentiles
- Why do people like Charizard
- Why can't people under the age of 18 donate blood?
- How to make Indian Chicken Korma
- What can you only buy online
- Why is there a hotel occupancy tax
- Has anyone ever masturbated in space
- Why am I so afraid of rejection
- What are the types of basmati rice
- What does DRM-free
- What does drywall type X.