What are the names of Chinese peaches
Peach - the juicy fruit for eternal life
Peach trees also look beautiful in your own garden and in summer you can harvest the aromatic, juicy fruits for your own use.
Origin, cultivation and characteristics
Prunus persica, the peach comes from China. It has been grown there for more than 6000 years. It finally came to us in Europe via Persia and Greece. Peach trees have been cultivated in Germany since around the 19th century. Around 3000 varieties are known today. Most varieties have round fruits, but there are other shapes as well. The mountain or flat peaches are particularly well-known and popular. These are very aromatic and flatter than the conventional fruits.
Peaches belong to the rose family. In the center of the soft, round fruit is the core, which is why peaches are classified as stone fruit. They are closely related to apricots, nectarines (smooth skin), and almonds.
A distinction is made between white-fleshed and yellow-fleshed fruits. The flesh is particularly juicy and sweet. The outer color ranges from yellow to reddish, sometimes with stripes. In addition, the outer skin is covered with velvety hair.
In spring the trees have beautiful pink flowers. From the end of July to the end of August, peaches are ready to be harvested in Germany. The fruits are then large and round. You can tell that it is fully ripe when the skin is golden yellow or red in color and the flesh is soft. They feel firm but not hard. The largest producing countries are China, Spain and Italy.
Ripe fruits can only be kept for a few days, so they must be consumed quickly. They hardly ripen, so it is advisable to buy or harvest particularly ripe peaches in order to have a fully aromatic fruit. Fruits with bruises, green or wrinkled skin indicate a bad peach.
Peaches are characterized by their intense, sweet taste. The flesh is nice and juicy and soft. You will be one positive effect on the immune system, the heart, the circulation and the blood vessels said. In addition, it is assumed that the consumption has a calming effect and can work against nervousness. Peaches have a dehydrating effect on the body and the pulp contains natural pigments, so-called carotenes.
Average nutritional values (100 g fresh fruit):
- Calorific value (kcal): 40
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
Average nutritional values (100 g dried fruit):
- Calorific value (kcal): 239
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 61.3 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
Use of fresh peach
Peaches are a popular summer snack. When fresh, they are also perfect in fruit salads. Many desserts use peaches as the main ingredient. Cakes and pastries get a sweet, fresh note through the use of peaches. You can also use the fruit to make compote, jam, puree, ice cream or sorbet in no time in your own kitchen.
Peaches are also used to make juice, nectar and syrup. Fruity cocktails or punch bowls can also be enhanced with peaches. Canned peaches are also available in stores. An alternative to marzipan, the so-called persipan, is made from the kernels.
In addition to sweet dishes, peaches are also suitable in savory dishes. They can be great components in savory salads, starters, sauces or meat dishes.
Use of dried peach
Dried peaches are a delicious addition to homemade mueslis or energy bars. They can add that certain something to salads or baked goods thanks to their juicy consistency and pleasantly sweet taste. In addition, fruit leather can be made from the dried fruit. This is a very good snack in between.
- What does the speed checked by the radar mean?
- Why are bureaucracies resistant to change
- How do ultrasonic insect repellants work?
- What is the future of Miami
- What led to the emergence of artificial intelligence
- Why does nobody know who developed Bitcoin?
- Why does Cola make me happy?
- Which is the best hot drink
- Can European nationalists unite against unity
- How can I get started with digital marketing
- What was your father's best quality
- Should I pursue a YouTube career
- How profitable is archeology
- Will Lamborghini start producing electric cars?
- What types of intellectual disabilities are there
- Everyone gets a hostel at TISS
- Where does Clinton get her morale from
- What is Jeff Buckley's most successful song
- Plagiarism is always a lie
- When is Gotham closed?
- What is Slim Max Keto
- How do I find another metalhead
- How Often Should I Restart Linux Server?
- What are the best styles of summer clothes