Which industries boomed during the recession?
Jump label navigation
Economic development divided into two parts: limited service areas face solid industry
The economic situation was divided into two parts until March: While the service sectors are still restricted by the measures taken to combat the pandemic, the industrial economy has been robust until recently. It is true that industrial emissions fell by 0.5 percent in January compared to the previous month. However, against the background of a very strong rise in December, this decline is more of a breather. Economic activity in the service sectors is meanwhile being shaped by the lockdown measures, even though a little more confidence has recently been observed here as well. In general, as vaccinations progress, there are high hopes that the restrictions will be reduced soon. The further development of the economy depends to a large extent on how sustainably the infection process can be controlled and how quickly further loosening is possible. However, it is clear that without a sustained containment of the corona pandemic, “normal” economic activity will not be possible either.
In retrospect, the economic recovery in the second half of 2020 lost much of its momentum in the final quarter of 2020 due to a second wave of pandemics and the subsequent containment measures. According to the detailed report from the Federal Statistical Office, the economy grew by 0.3 percent in the fourth quarter of 2020, which is higher than expected in many places. Nevertheless, after the 8.5 percent increase in the third quarter, the dampening effect of the closings is unmistakable. As expected, this mainly affected private consumption, which is particularly dependent on social contacts. This state of affairs in the service sector continues as before and thus also shapes the economic development in the first quarter of 2021. In contrast, German foreign trade and the closely related industrial economy are robust. Despite the burdens in the service sector, the labor market remains stable: Employment has recently increased slightly again, while short-time work has remained almost unchanged.
World economy continues to recover
The global economy continues to recover, but is still overshadowed by the pandemic. Global industrial production increased in December for the eighth time in a row compared to the previous month (+1.3 percent). Global industrial output thus exceeded its pre-crisis level. World trade also continued to expand in December (+0.6 percent) and again exceeded its pre-crisis level. The sentiment indicators suggest a slight recovery in the global economy. The composite purchasing managers' index from J. P. Morgan / IHS Markit rose to 53.2 points in February (December: 52.3 points) and thus remained above the growth threshold of 50 points. In particular, the mood among service providers made a significant leap upwards, but is still below expectations in the industry. The reason for this is still likely that the service industries are primarily affected by the measures to combat pandemic. One reason for the more optimistic mood is likely to be the global vaccination campaigns.
Read more about the economic situation in March 2021 here.
- What is the major limitation of today's technology
- In which language is DuckDuckGo written
- Gone with the wind is worth reading
- Is death a bit like general anesthesia?
- How does Olay compare to Aveeno
- Which is the best international debit card
- What is the HappyShappy app about
- How can I make my own vinyl
- Ego is bad behavior
- How does Facebook get money
- ASA is short for aspirin
- Why don't the countries buy each other out
- Should women enter into a second marriage
- What is the best home workout for women
- How to say Need in German
- India has cars
- Alexa is the killer for Google Search Ads
- How widespread is click fraud in RTB
- Does the earth have an official name
- What is a Cuban cigar
- Would it kill death to have life
- Can a 3G SIM work in Thailand
- Why is Sensibull best for trading
- How can I extract lead from Instagram
- How much does a male breast reduction cost?
- Transformers age like humans
- How reliable and good is the Sony A6000
- Why was the sr 71 retired
- Sedona AZ makes a good Christmas destination
- Which led to you being amputated
- Hibernate raccoons during harsh Canadian winters
- What would you choose money or satisfaction
- How to buy Sensex shares
- What is your favorite essential oil diffuser