What is blockchain in procurement
Blockchain in purchasing - smart contracts and more
A blockchain is a growing list of cryptographically signed, irrevocable transaction records that are shared by all participants in a network. By storing, managing and tracking inquiries, orders or invoices, blockchain has the potential to profoundly change purchasing processes. For example smart contracts.
Application example of smart contracts
The automation of purchasing processes continues to gain momentum and could be additionally driven by the use of blockchains. The advantages of blockchain technology - transparency and data protection - find their best possible application in smart contracts. These are contracts that are embedded in a program code on the blockchain and automatically handle a wide variety of administrative and process applications. In this way, property relations can be organized and controlled in real time and contractual clauses can be implemented automatically.
An example in purchasing is embedding the purchase price in the delivery reliability. After posting the goods receipt, the ERP system checks whether the delivery was made on time. The system then adjusts the delivery reliability indicator of the supplier and transfers the next invoice at the corresponding purchase price. By using blockchain technology in this area, a large number of transactions can be automated and thus the overall transaction costs in purchasing can be significantly reduced.
Status quo of blockchain technology
Blockchain is one of the most used buzzwords in the context of digitization and promises enormous monetary and time savings. Some large providers of purchasing solutions, such as SAP Ariba or GEP, recognized the possibilities early on and are currently focusing on stimulating the market through targeted blockchain marketing. However, even with the major providers, blockchain technology is not yet out of its infancy and often not more than prototypes. It is often unclear which applications bring added value in which industry and whether the business cases can even work.
So blockchain is by no means a technological solution that will flood the market within the next 6 months. Rather, this technology still needs some fine-tuning in order to actually move into the implementation phase. Despite this, blockchain will continue to fuel digitization and as soon as it is ready for the market, the technology will also quickly become relevant for medium-sized companies.
The time until then should be used to check and optimize the existing purchasing processes and to subject your own ERP system to a performance test. Then medium-sized companies will also be ready when the blockchain technology reaches the purchasing departments.
Do you need support in analyzing your processes in purchasing and supply chain? Our Smart Procurement Check is the ideal introduction to continuous further development towards smart purchasing. Contact us.
Managing Director, ADCONIA GmbH (Oberhausen)
Consultant, ADCONIA GmbH (Oberhausen)
- Do I have to stop at checkpoints?
- How do I remove pimples after threading
- How is the Kenyan education
- What is the NYT Magazines 1619 project
- Machine design best books
- What is Fana in Sufism
- What is the weirdness factor
- Will the community ever be available on Netflix?
- How is CrackVerbals GMAT coaching in Bangalore
- What is Jeff Buckley's most successful song
- Is there more than one earth 1
- What if Bronn lost to Ser Vardis
- Will Apple ever build a supercomputer?
- What is fortified wheat flour
- Can a person really change their feelings?
- Is it easy to do SAP SF
- How do portable GPS jammers work
- What are the best printing companies in India
- Sometimes smoking is bad for your health
- How is corruption viewed as a social crime
- What is the best alternative to propertyware
- What can I do after a PharmD
- What does USCIS stand for
- Is Indonesia a transcontinental country
- How can I be a good journalist
- Is IIFT good for HR
- What is a Cyber Risk Assessment
- Is Daenerys religioes
- Is mass an attractive force
- What is your favorite summer destination
- Are sympathy and empathy a weakness
- What types of zoonoses do horses have
- How does a retrograde Uranus person behave