Can you die of encephalitis
The onset of the disease is usually very sudden and rapidly progressing. Meningococcal symptoms may be less pronounced in infants and young children.
Two forms of meningococcal disease can occur individually or together:
- In about two thirds of all cases, the disease manifests itself as Meningitis.
Fever, headache, sensitivity to light and a clouded state of consciousness, such as severe drowsiness or drowsiness, are common symptoms of meningitis. A typical sign is painful stiff neck, often combined with morning vomiting or signs of circulatory failure and sometimes seizures. The feeling of illness is very pronounced. In severe cases, blood clotting disorders result in punctiform or extensive bleeding on the skin and mucous membranes.
In 10% to 20% of all those affected it occurs afterwards Complications such as seizures or deafness and, in children, development disorders. About 1% of those affected die.
- In about a third of the cases, the disease manifests itself as Bloodstream infection (sepsis).
In meningococcal bloodstream infection, the bacteria are washed out with the blood throughout the body. This disrupts blood clotting. As a result, extensive bleeding occurs in the skin. In 10% to 15% of the sick, the life-threatening hemorrhage can also occur in the adrenal cortex, which can lead to circulatory shock. As complication Under certain circumstances, individual limbs can die off, which in the worst case can make amputations necessary. About one in ten sufferers dies from a bloodstream infection, and almost one in three if the disease is severe.
In infants and young children In addition to fever, vomiting, convulsions, irritability or drowsiness, a bulging or hard fontanel - the gap between the skull plates of babies - can be seen. Neck stiffness, on the other hand, may be absent.
- The culture is changing in San Francisco
- What did Woody Allen do before directing?
- How strong is Bane without his poison
- What is left parietal lobe infarction
- Is HUL core for electrics
- What is the city of jazz
- What are administrative skills
- Have pity on wasps
- What makes someone have internal conflicts?
- How are concussions treated in college football
- Is profiling helpful for law enforcement
- Who is matisse
- Why do teenagers have more sexual partners
- Can someone sing with language training
- What organ can work without the brain
- How do I use a card
- What are you writing to your crush
- Can technology replace MBA jobs
- How can I avoid one-sided relationships
- Are people the only ways that laugh?
- What is your favorite homemade pasta recipe
- How to start a small business
- Does the sensor size affect the lens distortion
- How do recruiters maintain secrecy
- How can I change my black lips
- Is a 1900 m house
- What are the benefits of singing Shivoham
- How do I wear military boots
- How can a desktop computer contain CFC
- When was a laptop introduced in India?
- What are some of the bad mood symptoms
- Why are American vehicles so big
- Small amounts of alcohol can cause harm
- Have you experienced a ghost visit