What are the negative aspects of excessive masturbation
Porn Addiction: How To Spot It And Treat It?
Last update: August 12, 2020
ThePorn addictioncan cause physical, mental, psychological, and social problems. These are very similar to other addictions, such as psychoactive substances.
Nowadays, anyone with Internet access can consume pornographic material easily and free of charge, because the range is huge. This is why pornography has become a mass phenomenon over the past 20 years.
Experts are concerned about this situation because very young people in particular are vulnerable and particularly at risk of developing addictive behavior.
When do you talk about porn addiction?
As with other addictions, those affected usually deny the problemand try to dismiss it as unimportant. But early detection is essential to help them. The following aspects must be analyzed:
- Affected people spend more and more time looking at pornographic material.
- They neglect other, important aspects of their life, for example professional or social activities.
- Porn addiction regulates their emotions:They comfort themselves with it when they are sad, pass the time with it when they are bored or celebrate moments when they are well.
- You are emotionally unstable and have sudden mood swingswhich are due to the addiction.
- Affected people can also commit crimes related to pornography.
- They lie or are ashamed of their sexual behavior.
How does porn addiction develop?
A 2017 in the magazine Drugs and Addictive Behavior published article explains that the factors of this type of addiction are many. The most common causes include:
- Hormonal changes
- Influences through inheritance
- Sexual abuse
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Affective deficiency
- Seeing pornographic images at an early age
- Failure, negative thoughts and feelings
- Bad example from parents or other loved ones
Consequences of porn addiction
Porn watchers tend to spend a long time watching sexual content or looking for new sources to satisfy their addiction.Therefore, secondary problems often arise, such as:
Other addictions, such as tobacco, cannabis, coffee or alcohol, often have a social character.However, people with porn addiction tend to view the sexual content alone and in secret.As a result, they isolate themselves more and more from their fellow human beings and their environment.
Affected people can suffer from severe mood swings.This can be recognized by the following signs, among other things:
- Obsessive-compulsive behavior
- Little control of anger
- Severe depression
Too much masturbation
The excessive masturbation can lead to further disturbances. These include, for example, the following:
- Weak erection
- Sexual impotence
- Premature ejaculation
- Prostatitis or uretritis
- Neurological disorders, sleep problems or digestive problems
Changes in the brain
As with other dependenciesEven in the case of porn addiction, the reward center in the brain is overly stimulated by dopamine.In order to continue to feel good and to experiment with the pleasure that this substance enables, the affected person still needs more stimulation from pornography. She needs more time, becomes even more dependent and isolates herself even more from her surroundings.
Porn addiction causes people to believe that their sexual relationships are not intense enough, too rare, or simply unsatisfactory. Since their references are fiction,frustration doesn't take long to come.It can be a very insistent symptom.
In the case of very young people, adults can interveneto prevent possible addiction.Possible strategies are:
- Install child protection software on devices such as computers or mobile phones,so that the children do not have access to certain content.
- Do not allow children to access the Internet in rooms where they are alone.
- Promote healthy sex education that should be appropriate to the age of the child.
- Promote playful activities and sports with the family.
- Build a good and open basis for discussion.
- Promote social activities with other children or young people.
- If you recognize a porn addiction, isprofessional help essential!
Adults also need help when they have emotional difficulties affecting their daily life.This is no different with a porn addiction.It is easiest if you volunteer to get help from an expert in the subject to help you overcome the addiction.You might be interested in ...
- What are side effects of clopidogrel
- What is the national bird of Morocco
- What is inventory fraud
- Is cricket flour Palaeo
- Rap music has a bad attitude
- How are the reaction mechanisms verified
- Which hybridization is more electronegative
- What are the top 10 disabilities
- What would you recommend in Munich
- Have you ever eaten paella
- Is SEM the same as PPC
- Will Apple ever build a supercomputer?
- After rooting, we can update our cell phone
- What is the Chinese equivalent of peonies
- Which empire was greater Rome or Persia?
- India is America's best friend
- In which anime does Hatsune Miku play the main role
- What river floods in London
- Has anyone experienced Allah without reading the Koran?
- What's your favorite Jerry Lee Lewis song
- Who invented the ink?
- What kind of illustration styles are there
- Can India stop being a democracy?
- What are the gains as a medicine