What are the main grappling techniques
Grappling - 6 styles of ground fighting become one competitive style
In martial arts, grappling generally refers to ground fighting. But it is also a sport in its own right.
It's about bringing the opponent to the ground, forcing him into an unfavorable position, immobilizing him and making him surrender.
It's not about brute force or brutality. Rather, it is often compared to chess. It's about getting the opponent under control more and more using different techniques.
The training stresses all areas of the body. The fitness is increased. The risk of injury is low. It is suitable for all ages and levels of ability.
The grappling techniques
Grappling does not involve punching or kicking, it is thrown and grabbed. It is a fighting tactic in many martial arts.
In addition to technical training, this includes a lot of endurance training and strength training.
The goal of the techniques is to slow down an attack and control the opponent's movements. Placing the opponent in an unfavorable position and then immobilizing them. This includes strategy and tactics.
First of all, the punch and kick distance must be overcome in order to bring the opponent down. On the ground, it is a matter of bringing the opponent under control with a joint lever or a stranglehold. This also includes effective resistance. After all, grappling is also known as the art of breaking free from grips.
The Gi is the traditional combat suit as worn in judo, for example.
Grappling is usually fought without a gi. Short trousers and a shirt are worn.
That changes the whole fight. The fighter cannot hold on to the suit.
The opponent is grabbed by the neck and the joints. The fight is getting faster. The fight is very physically demanding.
Fighting without a combat suit is essential when it comes to mixed martial arts.
The name grappling
The word comes from the English term "to grapple" and means to hold on, wrestle, grapple.
It is mostly translated as grip fight.
It is also often referred to as submission wrestling, i.e. as a ground fight until the opponent surrenders.
In the video (playing time 06:05 minutes) five reasons are listed in English why the ground fight is good in a street fight.
Ground Fighting Techniques - Book:An overview of the most important fall techniques and lever techniques from a wide variety of ground disciplines. The right training preparation. Tips for training and competition .: Grappling. Book. - view on Amazon
Ground fighting is not a sport for lone fighters. Grappling is a team sport. You may stand alone in the ring, but the way to get there is through community. The team is needed to train and motivate.
The fight is won if the opponent gives up. To do this, the opponent has to tap. The only other option is to win on points.
Grappling is a competitive sport. There are many national, European and international tournaments. Grappling associations do a lot to establish the competitions as a regular event.
Ground fighting experienced an upswing through the success of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighters in mixed martial arts. Pretty much anything is allowed here, boxing, hitting and kicking. Even someone lying on the ground can be stepped on. Nevertheless, it is the ground fighters who usually win.
Here is more information on the subject of G r a p p l i n g - at the free lexicon Wikipedia
Ground fighting styles
The ground fighting styles from which the main techniques in grappling originate are as follows.
* Wrestling - the classic
* Jiu Jitsu - the techniques of the samurai
* Judo - the more modern style of ground fighting
* Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - made ground fighting really popular again
* Sambo - the Russian variant
* Mixed Martial Arts - this is where the ground fighters usually win
You might also be interested in:
* Wrestling bridge - a wrestling technique as a back exercise
* G r a p p l i n g D u m m y - practice ground fighting with a doll
* Martial arts exercises - techniques to increase skills
- How do I apply for PSG College
- How do i make a box
- Why is abstract math important
- What is the future of price optimization
- Can modern metropolises do without skyscrapers?
- Do dogs have a brain
- Why do neurons very rarely become cancerous
- Can you be a ghost
- What is an electric screwdriver
- Can we bend reality
- Is Lord Shiva male or female
- How were chimaera represented in Greek mythology
- How do you travel with medication
- How was your trip to Poland
- All amphibians have bones
- Working home remedies
- What are the brands in each country
- What is purple dye made of
- Is scooty useful on rough, hilly roads
- What is the evolutionary reason for hypocrisy
- The iPhone 7 is a great choice
- What will be the psychology of the introverts
- Have you ever regretted having a boyfriend
- Who won the Zoot Suit War