How does movement relieve pain?
Chronic Pain> Exercise and Exercise
1. The most important things in a nutshell
Sport and exercise can cause pain, but they can also relieve pain, relieve tension, restore strength and quality of life, and prevent pain. Which type of movement is suitable depends on the type of pain and the affected body region.
2. Pain on movement
If pain is experienced with certain movements (movement pain), many patients try to avoid or limit these movements.
But immobilization makes the pain worse in the long run, as muscles that are not moved gradually degrade and joint capsules and tendons contract. As a result, this movement can no longer be performed at all or only with greater pain. Substitute movements can lead to tension or poor posture, which can also lead to pain.
3. Pain relieving effects of exercise
Regular, targeted movements can relieve pain as the body engages in exercise Dopamine and endorphins Releases (happiness hormones), which, like opioids, have an analgesic effect.
Since pain varies greatly from person to person, no general recommendations for exercise training can be given. Patients should learn to listen to their bodies and adjust their training accordingly. Exercises under physiotherapeutic guidance can also be useful. Here, individual exercises are developed, which the patient should then also do at home on a regular basis.
4. Appropriate forms of movement
A doctor or therapist must always consult a doctor or therapist before starting training, as incorrect training can have unfavorable effects.
Endurance sports and training forms that promote body awareness and flexibility are suitable for many patients, e.g .:
- Cycling: Often helpful for knee problems. Be careful e.g. with complaints of wrists, shoulder / neck, lumbar vertebrae. The right bike size and seating position are often decisive.
- Cross-country skiing, hiking and (Nordic) walking: Good shoes and sticks if necessary. Move forward evenly and evenly. Beware of knee problems when descending and turning movements.
- Swimming: clarify which style is suitable. Breaststroke swimming, for example, is often less suitable for lumbar vertebrae, hip and knee problems.
- Targeted gymnastics (instruction by physiotherapists), water aerobics, aqua jogging.
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, Qigong and similar methods usually combine tension, stretching and relaxation into a harmonious whole.
When participating in courses and group lessons, the trainer should be informed about acute painful situations before the lesson begins.
4.1. Practical tip
It is important to motivate yourself to the recommended training regularly, even if a therapeutically guided training (which is often limited in time) expires. Exercising three times a week is usually recommended, but there are also exercises that should be done daily or several times a day.
Depending on where the pain is localized, patients with chronic pain can be severely restricted in their movements. The following links lead to general information about mobility.
5.1. Mobility aids for people with disabilities
Motor vehicle tax reduction for severe disabilities
Discounts on public transport (handicap> public transport)
Assistance in air traffic (handicap> air traffic)
Parking facilities for severely disabled people
5.2. Tools to improve mobility
Orthopedic and other aids, e.g. walking aids and household and leisure aids
6. Related links
Chronic Pain> Travel
Driving while taking medication
Driving license in case of physical disability / illness
Rehabilitation sports and functional training
Living environment improvement
Chronic Pain> Family and Everyday Life
Chronic pain> severe disability
- Is death a bit like general anesthesia?
- What is Cyanogen CyanogenMod or Cyanogen OS
- What makes you optimistic about future generations
- Mississippi has a state income tax
- What is a special coloring in microscopy
- Which superheroes had the least serious origins?
- Where is Lebanon
- Does Bluehost offer a free backup
- Which daily routine you never skip
- One day Facebook will own LinkedIn
- Candlepin bowling is a thing in New England
- Is heterosexuality universal
- Is Thailand better off as a monarchy
- Who regulates films
- How do vector graphics work
- Do corsets actually work
- Which is a song by David Guetta
- May girls childlike men
- When will the Battle of Armageddon take place?
- Who was Ghasiti Begum
- How has China influenced the internet
- How do I access my medical information
- How is kerosene made
- Arkansas is a red state
- Underground utilities are easier to maintain
- Still worth it to sell themes on ThemeForest
- What exactly are macronutrients
- What is the best university in Missouri
- Who is Buckaroo Banzai
- What makes red ants bite people
- How did you get to Princeton
- Is this sentence semantically correct?