What is PERT
a variant of the network plan technology developed in the USA, in which for
each activity can be estimated three times (one optimistic, one probable, one pessimistic).
Program Evaluation and Review Technique. A method of the critical path (network technology), originally conceived as PERT-Time and then further developed to PERT-Cost. Like all network technologies, PERT is particularly suitable for large projects. PERT passed his baptism of fire when the American Polaris program was planned with his help. Related techniques are:
PRISM, PEP, IMPACT, CPM, LESS, RAMPS, SCANS.
(Program Evaluation and Review Technique) is a well-known event-oriented method of the »network plan technique. Building on a three-time estimate (optimistic, pessimistic, most likely duration) for each activity, it is used for stochastic time planning, i.e. answering the question of the time interval within which the planned project will be completed with what probability.
PERT is a suitable method to take into account the uncertainty of planning. However, the use of PERT requires a high level of information. The three required characteristic times can only be estimated on the basis of suitable statistical documents. Similar to the deterministic method (network plan technique), the critical path is determined with PERT, with the difference that for the activity duration and the event times, i.e. also for the buffer times, expected values and variances have to be calculated. (Path, more critical).
In economic sociology: the critical path method
Abbreviation for Program Evaluation and Review Technique.
Abbreviation for Project Evaluation and Review Technique. This is an event-related network model. As with CMP, the circular nodes are the events and the arrows are the operations. The process durations are determined via optimistic, pessimistic and probable time estimates with which the most favorable, most unfavorable and the process durations to be expected during planning under normal conditions are expressed. The expected value and the variance of the process duration are then calculated from these estimates. The expected values of the earliest possible and the latest possible event dates are determined in the same way as CPM. The main difference to the other methods of network planning is that the evaluation is exclusively event-related, for example by calculating the probabilities that events will become critical or that planned dates for events can be adhered to.
Abbreviation Program Evaluation and Review Technique
Previous technical term: Persuasion | Next technical term: PERT (Program Evaluation and Review Technique)
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- Can peach faced lovebirds eat budgie seeds
- How to cook a Peruvian ceviche
- What can binaural beats do
- Who has experienced a medical miracle
- What is conventional agriculture doing wrong 2
- Why are foreigners more religious than Americans
- There are rare spawns in WoW Classic
- How are Herbalife products related to cancer?
- There were descendants of the Ikshvaku dynasty
- What are some aluminum-free deodorants
- What are your favorite VSCO filters
- How old is Sheela Dixit's death
- Singing brings luck
- Which universities really give 100 financial support?
- Is the accompaniment easier for men or women
- How is Suga from BTS really
- How will virtual reality video games develop?
- Is 5086 aluminum sheet price high
- Who are the best sports journalists active today
- Who is Hiring Golang Developers in NYC
- What are moderate mistakes
- What fear daemons
- When the axis won World War II
- Who is the creator of Mickey Mouse