How does a smoke alarm work
Optical smoke detector: how does a smoke detector work?
Wireless, no bigger than a coffee cup, quick to install and battery-operated - these are optical smoke detectors. Smoke alarms that are available everywhere in specialist shops, in selected hardware stores and online.
The scattered light principle: how does an optical smoke detector work?
Battery-operated smoke detectors are suitable for new buildings as well as for retrofitting in residential, office and contract areas. They can be installed without laying additional cables and are therefore independent of the circuit. They reliably warn of the outbreak of a fire because they sound the alarm early when smoke develops from a smoldering fire and they recognize a classic fire in good time. Under the technical term smoke alarm device, they are legally mandatory for private households in all federal states.
How do optical smoke alarms work?
As the name suggests, your sensors work according to an optical principle that is as simple as it is effective:
In normal condition light beams are regularly emitted in the measuring chamber of the smoke detector. These do not hit the photo lens.
When smoke enters The light beams emitted into the measuring chamber are deflected (scattered) by the smoke particles and hit the photo lens - the alarm is triggered.
Optical smoke alarms - no problem with cigarette smoke
The principle of the optical detector enables it to reliably warn in the event of a fire, even in the event of a smoldering fire, without triggering an alarm in the event of light smoke (e.g. from cigarettes).
The battery - a question of safety
Optical smoke detectors are available with replaceable 9V, lithium or permanently installed batteries. We recommend smoke detectors with the independent quality mark "Q" that have a built-in 10-year battery. Here the smoke alarm battery does what it promises, it lasts as long as the smoke alarm itself and is completely replaced after 10 years. This saves you having to change the battery at certain intervals and reduces the risk that the battery will fail in the decisive event, as can happen very quickly with alkaline batteries. Smoke alarms that do not work due to a lack of batteries, because the right battery is not available, do not pose a risk here either.
More advantages of quality smoke detectors with "Q"
Most popular topics:
- What is more important theology or philosophy
- Do thought processes take place without conscious awareness
- Who What is important in this world
- Why so hard to advertise with Facebook
- How would Brexit affect poor countries?
- What is Frodo Baggins famous for?
- Where can I download the ALLEN test
- What are Putin's political views
- Vine dies
- Are blessings and fluences real?
- What kind of software does Doramon use
- How to disinfect a sponge
- What surprised you most about the move
- Is there really a born genius
- Do you get the feeling that people are really honest?
- What is a royalty-free image
- Are earthquakes possible on Mars?
- Where can I sell my animation content
- Can I trade options without leverage
- What criminal activity happens because of poverty
- MixPanel versus CleverTap
- How do I cook camels
- What is VRF in a Cisco router
- How does an output transformer work