Who is Athena's mother
Athena | Αθηνά - The Virgin Goddess # 8
Athena, like Artemis, is considered a virgin goddess and is the favorite daughter of Zeus. Athena is also nicknamed Pallas ("the girl"). Famous temples in Athens and other Greek cities are dedicated to her. The best known is the Acropolis.
Parents: Zeus; She wasn't born of a woman
Function:Goddess of craftsmanship, wisdom and war, protector of cities (especially Athens)
Symbols: Owl, helmet, round shield, breastplate with Medusa head, spear
Holy plant: Olive tree
The birth of Athena
The mother of Athene was the Oceanid Metis. Her name means "good advice"; She was the smartest of the three thousand daughters of the Titan Oceanus.
Metis was the first lover of Zeus and when she became pregnant she was devoured by Zeus. The earth goddess Gaia prophesied to him that Athena would be at least as clever as himself. If a son followed immediately, he would overthrow.
After taking the advice of his grandparents Gaia and Uranos and devouring Metis, he got a terrible headache. Knowing no other way out, he asked Hephaestus to open his skull with the ax. Athena was then born fully grown in her golden armor and in violent labor from Zeus' head. Zeus was blown away by his daughter, whom he had carried himself to death.
"He himself [Zeus] bore the light-eyed Athena from his head,
the terrible, fierce military leader
and invincible mistress,
the noise of battle pleases and wars and battles. "
HESIOD, Theogony, 924ff.
The goddess of war is also called "owl-eyed" because she can see in the dark.
Athena is the most important companion and protective goddess of Odysseus and Heracles. Prometheus asked Athena to breathe her wisdom into people. That is why she is also considered to be the teacher of the people.
Athena (Αθηνά) was honored as the city goddess of Athens (Αθήνα). She has a strong sense of justice and has been very committed to agriculture and high-yielding plantations. A special gift from her to the Athenians was the olive tree.
Etymologies of the name ΑΘΗΝΑ (Athina)
- «Η νόηση του θεού» (God's reason)
The best-known etymology of her name is Plato's: Α-θεο-νόα or Η-θεο-νόα, thus «η νόηση του θεού» (God's reason).
- from the old Gr. Verb ἀθρέω-ῶ = see, observe, check
Athena was the one who could see and think clearly.
- The name Αθηνά consists of the negative prefix “Α” (not) + θήνη (~ θηλή- nipple) = the unsatisfied, because she was born from Zeus' head and not from her mother Metis.
More about Athena:
- What are microorganisms 9
- What causes color blindness
- Are Cretan Jews or Gentiles
- Penicillin was invented in the 20th century
- TOP INSTITUTE FOR MSBI TRAINING IN BANGALORE
- Is SEM the same as PPC
- Is Garp as strong as an admiral
- How can you read and understand perfectly
- What do you dislike about hairdressers?
- What ended slavery slavery or abolitionists
- Where can I watch TV series online
- What is lambda in the ridge regression
- What are the octopus predators
- What is inventory fraud
- Why is alcohol not considered a nutrient
- Are gibbons smarter than the average monkey
- Is Paytm a trusted payment gateway
- Why is there a marriage
- How to make liquid nitrogen
- Should I go into management?
- When is the end of the world
- How reliable and good is the Sony A6000
- What is the difference between turbo and compressor
- How do I rate a newspaper article
- What surprised you most about the move
- How does Ferrari make money
- What is the intuition behind the normal distribution
- Will Apple ever build a supercomputer?
- Who won the Zoot Suit War
- What is 1 half plus 3 quarters
- What are the best abs workout
- Let's lose the wisdom of data
- What is the best Razer laptop for 1200
- What are good routes for carpal tunnel