What are some jobs with marketing automation
What is Marketing Automation? - Your marketing will run by itself
If you work in marketing, you probably know that the multitude of different tasks can be overwhelming at times. Generating leads, following them up, classifying them and staying in touch with them - the whole thing usually across multiple channels and platforms - you can lose track of things.
If you spend way too much time tracking leads, maintaining communication with your customers, and analyzing data, then marketing automation could be the solution for you.
With this guide we would like to give you an overview of the topic of marketing automation, explain what the term exactly means and how you can use marketing automation for your company.
Let's start from the beginning and first clarify what marketing automation actually is.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation is the use of a uniform online tool that bundles marketing and sales tasks in a central location. With marketing automation software, complex processes, even entire marketing campaigns, can be adapted, automated and evaluated to the strategy of your company.
Marketing automation can make the following steps easier or completely automate them:
- Attract more visitors to your website
- To get in touch with these visitors
- To turn these visitors into real prospects, i.e. leads
- Categorize and rate the leads
- Maintaining contact with leads and making your offers to them
- The perfect time to know when a lead is ready to buy
- Win back customers who left a full cart
- To stay in contact with your customers even after graduation and to ensure their loyalty to you
How do I know if I need marketing automation?
Here are some classic signs that marketing automation could be useful for your business. If one or more of them apply to you, you should think about a free trial month for our Marketing Automation Tool.
- You want to generate more leads through your website.
After all, that's what a website is usually for. However, if visitors can only find a contact form there, a website often does not generate very many leads. However, with the right marketing automation tool, your website will become a real lead generator.
- You want to measure the results of your marketing.
Do you want to know how well individual landing pages, websites, emails and forms really do? A good marketing automation tool will tell you with reliable and precise data. So you know exactly which channel is really worthwhile.
- Your marketing isn't digital enough.
The Internet is no longer new territory, but has long been an integral part of our lives. If you feel that your marketing is lagging behind because it's not digital enough, a marketing automation tool gives you everything you need for digital marketing - all in one place.
- Your marketing is to digital and you use too many different tools.
If you haven't missed out on digitization, that is still no guarantee of success: If you use too many channels and tools, you will often notice that the individual marketing measures do not mesh well. The big advantage of good marketing automation is that all the tools you need can be found here on a central platform.
- You are investing too much time and money in marketing.
Automation opposes these two points: If you automate work steps that today still have to be laboriously done by hand, you save time and money in equal measure.
How does marketing automation work in practice?
What marketing automation looks like in practice is entirely up to you and your company. There are hardly any limits to your imagination. In summary, it can be described as a process that automates individual steps in the marketing and sales process that are still being done 'by hand'.
It is likely that you will not be able and will not want to automate all of the processes that get on your nerves in one fell swoop. Rather, it is a process in which more and more work steps can be automated step by step.
We'll give you an example process with a high degree of automation:
- You build a landing page - this should become the basis for your campaign
- On your landing page, you offer a lead magnet (for example, an otherwise chargeable document) in exchange for entering the visitor's email address and their consent to receive emails from you.
- The marketing automation tool creates a list from the email addresses received in this way.
- You send an email (automatically of course) to the list in which you welcome your new subscribers.
- The subscribers who open your welcome email can be automatically put into a new list and tagged to mark them as interested leads.
- A few days later, everyone in this new list will receive an email - also automatically - with a link to your online shop. Since the members of the new, second list have already shown that they are active and interested, they will likely visit your shop.
- As soon as one of the leads makes a purchase in your shop, you can automatically send him a thank you email - maybe with a discount code for a future order?
Throughout the entire customer journey, you can track your leads, classify them into groups or analyze their behavior. With the data obtained in this way, you can also start high-sales campaigns in the future and further increase your awareness.
Examples of Marketing Automation 2021 - The GetResponse Marketing Automation Software
With the Marketing Automation software from GetResponse you can use the functions and advantages described above for yourself. You decide which tasks you want to automate.
We want to give you examples of what this could look like using a few screenshots.
1. In our example we have built a landing page with the GetResponse Landing Page Creator. This asks visitors to register for a newsletter. In exchange, the subscribers receive news and tips on the subject of online marketing. You can of course set up your landing page the way you want and use any tools.
2. An interested visitor enters their email address on your landing page and will receive your emails and offers in the future.
3. Now our automation should start. We open the automation tool and want to create a new workflow. There are already a lot of useful templates here, for example to win back leads that we have lost or to provide the contacts in our list with suitable tags. However, we want to “start from scratch”.
4. Our automated process should begin when a visitor to our landing page signs up for the newsletter - so we select the appropriate condition.
5. If the condition (registration for the newsletter) is met, a welcome message should be sent. So we select the action 'Send message' under the actions on the right. A corresponding welcome email can be uploaded or created here - or you can choose from one of many different templates that you can personalize.
6. The automation continues: Your new subscriber receives the mail. When he opens it, we assign him a tag that shows us that this is obviously a very interested lead. Here you could also specify what happens if your welcome email does not open.
7. If a customer has been tagged as "interested", they should receive another email a few days later with a link to your online shop. Because we already know that this lead seems interested in your product or service, there is a high probability that they will make a purchase. This is how you turned a visitor into a lead and a lead into a customer - fully automatically!
8. If the automation tool detects that the link to your online shop has been clicked and the shopping cart has been filled, but the lead has not completed the process, you could automatically send them a recovery email. Maybe with a code for a small discount? It is entirely up to you how you want to proceed in such a case - but almost all situations can be automated!
Marketing can be that simple.
Without entering your account or credit card details and without automatic renewal!
Marketing Automation FAQ - Frequently asked questions about marketing automation
What advantages does marketing automation offer me?
If you automate your marketing, you will benefit from several advantages:
- You save time and money because you automate processes and can therefore take care of other tasks.
- You can improve the ROI of your marketing - thanks to extensive options for reporting and for classifying and qualifying your leads. This way, you don't waste time on people who are not interested or who are not part of the target audience.
- You get to know your customers because the analysis options of a marketing automation tool tell you a lot about their behavior.
- You can say goodbye to the many different tools that you may still be using: With a marketing automation tool, you have a central tool for most tasks in digital marketing.
Will a marketing automation tool take my job away?
No, Don `t worry. An automation tool does many things that you may have to do manually now - for example, separating interested leads from uninterested website visitors. But that just means that you have more time to do what you are actually there for: Using your brains to come up with strong campaigns or find ways to reach new target groups.
Does Marketing Automation Really Help?
Yes. Marketing experts say that marketing automation actually has many advantages: time savings (74%), increased customer engagement (68%), faster communication (58%) and improved options for upselling, for example. It is obvious that marketing automation not only helps the marketing team, but also the sales department.
I have an autoresponder - then what do I need marketing automation for?
Autoresponders and marketing automation tools can be compared with each other, but it's like comparing a puddle with the endless ocean: An autoresponder sends a pre-defined message to your customers at a specific time after an opt-in tag. The difference here: every recipient gets the same message, regardless of their behavior, reactions or previous messages.
The complexity of the communication and analysis options, which you can achieve with an automation tool, is almost limitless. Marketing automation takes your communication to the next level, across multiple channels, and is much more than an automatic reply to an email.
Subscribe now for helpful tips & top articles
for your registration!
We will send you a confirmation email shortly.
For most of his career, Peter worked as a Senior Product Manager and then decided to bridge the gap between Product Management, Business Partnerships and Marketing. He took on the position of International Business Coordinator at GetResponse. His duties include all aspects of marketing activities and business relationships in the EMEA markets, especially in Germany, Italy and Russia. You can reach and connect with Peter on LinkedIn. Learn more about Peter
- A Nomedia file is a virus
- How can I meet actors
- What are concrete examples of metaphysics
- Who can teach me to speak english
- Can cause Ketodiaet thrush
- Where's the FB Page Timeline?
- What is the H1 B visa for?
- What is the reason for playing football
- What percentage of hotel reservations are overbookings
- How can we increase power and torque
- How do you rate Google Cardboard
- How does deforestation affect plants?
- POA is required for trading intraday options
- How is Eddie Murphy personally
- What is the medical term of BSO
- How good are Forever Living products
- What methods of death penalty are still used?
- Bred Neanderthals and humans
- Where would you hide a decryption key
- Where is DMT produced in our body
- Why do different people have different talents
- How much does an obituary cost
- Where do people trade forex
- What attracts men to a fat woman
- Which element forms cation
- Why is technology sponsored by the government?
- Does the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu use any strikes
- Can ice cream be made without sugar
- How to throw a healthy salad
- Comcast offers 5G Home Internet
- Makes the banking industry dishonest
- How many blood cells do ants have
- Actors should join politics
- What if Sakumo never died