What is biohazard
The symbol Biohazard (☣) (English Biohazard - Short form of "biological hazard“) Indicates specific biological danger points. The symbol was developed and established as part of a study conducted by Charles Baldwin at Dow Chemical in 1966.
Objects marked with the symbol represent dangers to humans and the environment that arise from biological substances or organisms. Examples of this are medical waste, biological samples contaminated with microorganisms, viruses, toxins from biological sources, etc. which have a pathogenic effect on humans, animals or plants and thus represent a possible danger. Such substances are marked with the appropriate warning sign to draw attention to correct handling, for example the wearing of appropriate protective clothing and proper disposal.
The term biological hazards is used in the context of civil protection and hazard prevention, see there for details.
The biohazard is classified into four risk groups, for details see biological safety level.
Biohazardous substances are classified according to UN numbers according to dangerous goods law (for transport):
- UN 2814 (For humans infectious substances)
- UN 2900 (Infectious substances for animals)
- UN 3291 (medical waste)
- UN 3373 (biological substance, category B / for samples)
In Unicode, the corresponding symbol can be found at the position U + 2623 (☣).
- ^ Charles L. Baldwin and Robert S. Runkle. Biohazards Symbol: Development of a Biological Hazards Warning Signal. Science October 13, 1967: Vol. 158. no. 3798, pp. 264-265 doi: 10.1126 / science.158.3798.264
- How do you look for honest men
- Are there more dragons in Westeros
- What are 4 harmful and useful bacteria
- You can test cars for fun
- Everyone is not aware of the reality
- Why should anyone write
- Can human characteristics be patented?
- Which Trello powerup would you need
- Gives secondary alcohol a positive iodoform test
- What are some reviews of Testo Rampage
- How can I thicken my calves
- India is experiencing a real estate bubble
- Should I sell websites or SEO
- What breed is Brian Griffin
- What are the first multiples of 12
- Why is engineering better than science
- How are concussions treated in college football
- What do people want from funeral catering
- What are the best styles of summer clothes
- Why are oranges green in warmer climates
- Why HCL has postponed selected candidates
- What is the physics behind twerking
- What is the grammar translation method
- Why is food delicious