When was WhatsApp launched in India
WhatsApp Pay starts in India: sending money via chat
WhatsApp Pay launches in India
Logo: WhatsApp, Montage: teltarif.de Users of the smartphone messenger WhatsApp in India will in future be able to send money directly in the app. In the meantime, a popular real-time payment system from a coalition of Indian banks has been integrated into the app, according to a message from the service belonging to the Facebook group.
WhatsApp is very popular in the country with 1.3 billion people and has more than 400 million users. That could help WhatsApp establish the new payment function. However, there are already a number of other payment apps in India such as Google Pay and Amazon Pay or the Indian counterpart Paytm, which Indians use to pay in small shops or in taxis. The mobile payment market in India could grow to $ 190 billion by 2023, according to the Indian government, citing estimates by the Credit Suisse bank. According to the Indian authorities, only slightly more than half of the population in the country are Internet users.
WhatsApp Pay launches in India
Logo: WhatsApp, Montage: teltarif.de India thus offers great growth potential for the Facebook group. This year, the company had acquired almost ten percent of Jio Platforms, a wireless communications and digital services company owned by India's richest man Mukesh Ambani, for $ 5.7 billion. At the time, Facebook announced that the group wanted to digitize India's small and medium-sized companies with Jio.
WhatsApp Pay stopped again in Brazil
WhatsApp had already introduced the payment function in Brazil, but according to media reports it was asked by the local central bank to stop using it. In India, WhatsApp uses the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) payment system established there.
WhatsApp Business for Companies was launched in January 2018. This means that shops can also offer virtual shop windows or a help desk, for example. Some companies in Europe are already using these functions. However, India is one of the first countries to also offer a payment function.
In another message, we have already reported on how the WhatsApp Messenger can be cleared out in the future.
- What is the French equivalent of Hollywood
- What is the ICSE curriculum for LKG
- What does Moi Bien mean
- Why is public procurement important in society
- Which branch is the best in VIT Chennai
- What are the main causes of mumps
- What is the formula for Paythgoras
- Why do I map colors to numbers
- Birds There are cuckoos in North America
- What are NCTs religions
- What is Nairobi's zip code
- Why is white white
- Is there an alternative for Autodesk Revit
- Why did seafarers have large forearms?
- What is the history of drones
- Who invented the rule of 72?
- How does WhatsApp generate sales 3
- When should I use enum
- What is the best paper for stencils
- Helps yourself work
- Can military pilots customize their helmets
- Everyone knows everyone in Silicon Valley
- What are some funny physics jokes
- Do you personally know someone named Musni?