What are the main causes of stuttering
Stuttering - what is it?
Numerous questions about the cause of stuttering remain unanswered. However, it is known that there is not one cause, but rather that several factors contribute to the development of stuttering. Even if stressful experiences in childhood (accident, separation of parents, etc.) can trigger the onset of stuttering, they must not be understood as the actual cause. Neither does stuttering arise from "faults in upbringing" of the parents. The psychosocial stresses that are often associated with stuttering are therefore to be seen as a consequence and not as a cause of stuttering.
Current research on the development of stuttering shows that
- Stuttering occurs in families. This suggests hereditary factors.
- Stuttering is not inherited in the strict sense of the word, so there is no special "stuttering gene". Rather, only the predisposition to stuttering, i.e. the probability of whether stuttering occurs or not, is passed on.
- there are certain changes in the brain in people who stutter. Speaking is a highly complex process that involves over 200 muscles, all of which have to be activated and controlled by the brain at the right time. For most people, certain areas in the left hemisphere are responsible for this. There are certain areas and nerve tracts that are responsible for the smooth running of the speech process. These are less well developed in stutterers than in normal speakers. One can therefore assume an "anatomical weakness" which probably contributes to the development and maintenance of the stuttering.
Even if the current research focuses on neurological explanatory approaches, other factors such as social environment, language development or individual requirements certainly play a role in the development of stuttering.
Further information on research into causes and theories on the development of stuttering can be found in a clear and easily understandable summary in Natke, U. (Ed.) (2013): Knowledge about stuttering. Neuss: Natke-Verlag.
- What are British Influences in Bangladesh
- Which acid has the most basicity
- Bank Clerk Assestment
- What do you mean by Oracle HCM
- Why are Royal Enfield motorcycles so popular
- Who is the best Shivaji or Akbar
- How do I get Intensity in DRDO
- Is terrorism an inevitable evil of democracy
- Actors should join politics
- Which altimeter is used nowadays
- How can I make good beer
- Are Nike shoes good for supporting the arch of the foot?
- Is it wrong that I feel insecure?
- What subjects are learned in high school
- Is EMF a force or energy
- How is the coffee in China
- What is the Zopper business model
- What are the best shampoos without sulfates
- Did God create physical movement
- How can I get bigger muscles quickly
- Why are people against FOSTA
- Why are terpenes important in nature
- Is it worth it to insure your cat
- What is the best advertising slogan
- Are patents linked to machines
- Elon Musk reviews each employee's résumé
- How does the gravitational force come about
- Which zodiac sign is superior
- How can I free myself from perfectionism
- Arvind Kejriwal Arvind Kejriwal is incorruptible
- What does it mean to complain?
- How professionals design a tattoo project
- Are community development and social work more complementary