What are the hand signals to drive
Hand signals while riding a road bike
In addition to the everyday hand signals such as indicating “turn right” or “turn left”, there are a number of additional hand signals for the racing bike that are important if you plan to ride in a group.
In addition to calling, hand signals are the main means of communication. Once you have learned them, you will understand when other drivers want to warn you of obstructions, hazards and changes in speed, and of course you can warn them too.
Arrange: If the man in front waves to the side behind the buttocks, the following drivers should get into position directly behind him. Maybe a car is coming towards you ...
Obstacle: Something dangerous here: a large stone, a pothole, broken pieces ... Important: The hand signal is BEFORE and does not point directly to the obstacle, but to the side where it will appear.
Slowly: If the group leader moves his hand up and down, parallel to the floor, the group should slow down. This is often followed by a stop.
Display: Halt - Stop
Stop: Raised, flat hand - the group should stop. Here it is important that the sign is given a little BEFORE. DO NOT stop suddenly!
Raise your hand - stretch your fingers!
A cyclist raises his hand - as in the warning! - and sticks out one or two fingers, the people behind should form a single or a double row. This hand signal is useful, for example, when there are bottlenecks on the route. The aim here is to ensure that every cyclist can easily get through the bottleneck. Of course, like any other, this hand signal must also be passed through to the rear.
Swing your index finger behind your back - a horizontal obstacle!
Railway tracks and large branches are typical horizontal obstacles. You warn of such obstacles by waving / waving your index finger on your back.
Yes, train tracks are also an obstacle for cyclists, even if in most cases they can be driven over very quickly and without problems. In the group the danger is maximized enormously. Because here a fall can quickly have serious consequences and can also cause many cyclists to fall.
These commands are often combined with the hand signals from above and are important for the safety of the group.
“Car from the front!” Or “Car from behind!”
On a narrow street or a path, a car comes into play from the front or the rear. With this call, the individual drivers are not surprised when the car is suddenly at their height.
Often used on bike paths. If you drive in two rows and there is oncoming traffic, after this call you change to a single row or you drive closer together. Often combined with the hand signal “Beware of driving around!”.
If the group comes to a junction or fork and wants to cross the street or turn off, the person who is driving onto the cross street at the moment of passing shouts “Free!” If no road user is crossing the street. Otherwise the call “Halt” and the corresponding hand signal apply.
Used with the same hand signal and used to warn of objects on the floor.
- Does JioFi have good internet speed
- How can I better organize my novel
- Will there be an Indian revolution?
- A Butuan is an island
- Is NEET necessary for clinical psychology
- Will contain wheat bread maida flour
- Can a billionaire buy a bank
- What is the main cause of dermatography
- Which restaurants do not accept credit cards
- How do climbers grow
- What is the division of d orbitals
- What are some MVC best practices
- Is the Samsung Galaxy S8 waterproof 2
- What does telephony mean
- What happens when a Windows computer starts
- What happens when you are faced with death
- Open and close the system
- Are there unsafe areas in Mobile US
- Where can I find an addiction counselor
- Ego is bad behavior
- Which is the most useful microcontroller
- Are we driven by digital addiction
- In what year was the first programmer discovered?
- Which vehicle has the highest speed
- Is rice a good source of nutrition
- What is meant by konnichiwa mina san?
- How is EEE doing at SIT Tumkur
- How is the fee structure of the IPU
- In business, the importance of gymnosperms is
- Has blue cheese a nutritional value
- How to make a diet sustainable
- Which age groups do travel agencies use
- Why do people seldom dress up anymore
- What's wrong with the disappearance of Instagram followers