Which chromosome is HLA B27 on
HLA-B27 is a genetically determined antigen variant of the human leukocyte antigen-B (HLA-B). It belongs to the MHC class I complex, which is located on the surface of almost all cells and is used for antigen presentation.
In the presence of HLA-B27 (HLA-B27 positive) is the probability of occurrence of certain diseases compared to people without HLA-B27 type (HLA-B27 negative) elevated.
About 8% of the Western European population carry the HLA-B27 trait. It can be used for differential diagnosis in the search for HLA-associated diseases and is then determined in the laboratory using HLA typing.
In Germany, the Genetic Diagnostics Act must be observed when examining genetic characteristics that are relevant to a disease.
The HLA-B gene is located on chromosome 6 at gene locus 6p21.33. It consists of a group of around 130 very similar alleles that encode 105 subtypes of HLA-B27. The latter are systematically numbered and labeled HLA-B * 2701 to HLA-B * 27106.
The molecular mechanisms by which HLA-B27 favors the development of certain diseases are currently (2019) still unclear. Immunological cross-reactions with bacterial antigens or a binding of certain antigens to HLA-B27 are discussed as possible causes. Other authors assume that there is an incorrect folding of the tertiary structure of HLA-B27, which triggers a stress reaction in the cell, the so-called Unfolded Protein Response (UPR).
5 Associated Diseases
Diseases associated with HLA-B27 can be noted by the abbreviation “PAIR”, where P stands for psoriasis, A for ankylosing spondylitis, I for “inflammatory bowel disease” and R for reactive arthritis. These include the following diseases:
- ^ Khan MA. Polymorphism of HLA-B27: 105 subtypes currently known. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2013; 15: 1-6. doi: 10.1007 / s11926-013-0362-y.
- Laborlexikon.de; accessed on March 19, 2021
- Are glasses with varifocal lenses easy to use?
- How do drop shipments work
- Which 3D file formats support skeletal animations
- Why is 60 Hertz harmful to humans?
- Assassin's Creed Empire Origins has weapons
- Put plastic in cheap rice
- How is the relationship between India and Bhutan
- What will happen to Bitcoin in 2019
- How's Helotes Texas
- Creativity is the ultimate measure of intelligence
- The angular acceleration results from which acceleration
- How can crying affect your health?
- How are websites acquired
- Components for the website
- Making money online is taxable
- What font style does this blog use
- What is the trend hair color for the summer
- What is the past tense for cut
- Are natural monopolies legal
- Why is miso soup cloudy
- What are Bessel functions
- Killed SHAREit Bluetooth
- Which New Zealand newspaper should I read?
- Does online therapy work for BPD 1