How can I secure my blog
Backup blog >> Create a backup of the blog
If you work regularly on your blog and, for example, make changes to the design more often, often revise your posts or articles or simply write a lot, you will not get around a blog backup.
Just a little inattention is enough to accidentally delete all posts or articles ever written. If you have not made a backup of your blog before, you will no longer be able to create the same content and all the effort and time will have to be spent again.
Maybe you have "tinkered" with the design and changed colors, template images, HTML or CSS and only a tiny error has crept in, then the design (the template) is quickly ruined. Anyone who spent hours or even weeks tinkering with the design will be very annoyed that they have not created a backup of the blog.
It is therefore important to regularly take a blog backup. It is highly recommended to save its design (the template) and its content (the posts or articles) immediately after every change to the blog - always before logging out. This only takes a few seconds and saves a lot of time if the blog is damaged.
How do you secure your blogspot blog at Blogger?
1. Log in to www.blogger.com and go to the blog you want to edit
2. Save design (template): Design >> Edit HTML >> Download complete template
It makes sense to create a separate folder for each blog and to save the file with the extension .xml there. The design (template) of the blog is now saved. Should it become necessary to restore this, click on "Search", look for the saved XML file on your PC and then press "Upload". Even as a beginner you can try this out right away.
You choose a design and download the backup. Then press the "Template designer" tab, select a new design and confirm with the "Apply to blog" tab. Now the blog appears in a new design.
Clicking on the "Back to Blogger" tab takes you back to the "Design" section, then click on "Edit HTML" and upload the saved XML file. Now the "old" design should be restored. If you look at your blog (www.mein-blog.blogspot) in a second window, you should reload it (press F5 key) so that you can see the change immediately. You can practice and try this out a bit at the beginning so that it is easier to use in an emergency.
Now you have to say that only the first part of the blog backup - the backup - is done. The second step is to save all posts or articles and comments. And it works like this:
3. Save articles / posts / comments: press the tab "Settings" and then "Export blog"
A new window will open and all you have to do is click on "Download blog". This backup is also saved as an XML file. However, this is called blog and the current date. Since there are 2 XML files, which only together allow a complete blog backup, a folder for storing the blog backup is very useful.
If you have to restore your blog, press the "Settings" tab and then "Import blog". The "Browse" tab is then used to search for and upload the XML file on your own PC. This should restore the blog content (posts / articles and comments). As a beginner, you can try this out a few times as well.
You write 2-3 short posts and maybe 2-3 comments, then you download the backup and delete the content you just wrote in the dashboard under "Posting" and "Comments". Then you reload your blog and you can look at the sad picture of endless nothingness. This is exactly what it looks like if you have accidentally deleted your articles / posts and have not created a backup beforehand. Now you upload the blog backup, reload the blog and enjoy the restored content - that went well again.
- Why is Trump trying to ruin Obamacare
- The human skin is a tissue
- The universe could have been different
- What's your weird party trick
- Most people even have big eyes
- Why is punishment good for us?
- Which IIM will CAT 2017 carry out
- Is it immoral to work for Facebook?
- What exactly are macronutrients
- What are wireless IoT sensors
- How has social networking changed intimate relationships
- What is deferred loading in web services
- A blessing was fired in disguise
- Can glaciers be prevented?
- What makes a full flower name
- Why can't I be normal
- Should braces match your shoes
- How to say grandma in Japanese
- Is celery closely related to coriander
- What's your weird party trick
- Who is Mariah Carey
- Which mouth freshener is healthy for students
- Why doesn't FedEx deliver to post boxes
- Does the sun have weather