Mazzy Star is an underrated band
Thursday October 11, 2012
One of the underrated bands of the 80s was certainly OPAL (founded by Dave Roback, who put together MAZZY STAR a few years later). Super cool, hard brain confusing music. I bought the LP in 1987 fairy records in the Kaiserstraße / Karlsruhe (that was the best record shop within a radius of at least 300 kilometers, in the mid-80s; they even had records from Soviet France and bootlegs from the 13th Floor Elevators). At that time I was recommended OPAL by the bass player in my first band. I still have the record today. And this song is booming!
Spoken by SOVIET FRANCE (or: Zoviet France: as they call themselves today), I wasn't ready for this band in the 80s, at the age of fifteen or sixteen I found this kind of noise music still too extremist (meanwhile I think that's great). In addition, their records, which came out in strangely designed, limited editions, were incredibly expensive, sometimes 50 marks for an album. I listened to the things from time to time fairy records and heard mysterious stories about the band from the recorder Thomas. Nobody knew who was a member there, and the band was considered a kind of secret order (similar to the PSYCHIC TV project). I decided to buy the latest Tom Waits or a bootleg from Joy Division.
Labels: Dave Roback, Fairy Records, Hope Sandoval, Karlsruhe, Kendra Smith, Mazzy Star, Opal, Psychik TV, Soviet France, Zoviet France
- What do sons learn from their mothers?
- What are some Italian sauce recipes
- Which is the best WordPress website maintenance
- What are the PhD courses under MCA
- Sells Seventeen light sticks at concerts
- What does the BTS logo mean
- Where did demons come from?
- What is the process of service design
- Is MATLAB used on the IIITD
- How does the hobbit book end
- How does TRMM measure precipitation
- How can I edit a sent Gmail account
- Elvis Presley had black hair, of course
- What is special about the Orion constellation
- My HTML CSS code link is not linked
- Should the Democrats investigate Trump
- Can I wear my sunglasses inside
- How does overtime work in the NBA
- What are Maryland's goods and services
- Is everywhere singular or plural
- What are the mountain gorillas hunted for?
- Why don't magnets die like batteries
- Which climate zone do people prefer
- Should beat Pewdiepie by the T-Series