How do you clean art glass
How to properly clean Plexiglas and remove scratches
Plexiglass or acrylic glass is a great material: it is unbreakable, translucent, can withstand any weather and is also much cheaper than glass. But be careful: It looks like glass and is used in the same places, but you must not clean it like glass, otherwise you will damage the material. This is what happened to our friend Michael recently, who simply sprayed his new acrylic glass tabletop with window cleaner. The cleaner attacked the plastic and left streaks that Michael then had to laboriously remove. So that this doesn't happen to you, we explain how to clean Plexiglas properly and - if something went wrong - how to remove scratches.
You should never rub plexiglass dry. It becomes statically charged and attracts dust like a magnet. On the other hand, you can use special anti-static cleaning sprays - these are available specifically for screens.
Clean acrylic or plexiglass
Because Plexiglas becomes statically charged, it collects dust more quickly than normal glass. Fortunately, acrylic glass is easy to clean at home. It works like this:
All you need is a little lukewarm water mixed with a few drops of washing-up liquid such as that of Seven Generations
Alternatively, you can clean acrylic glass with a highly diluted vinegar cleaner. To do this, mix 2 tablespoons of detergent with a bucket of warm water.
Because plexiglass is a soft material that is easily scratched, be sure to use a soft cloth, such as a microfiber cloth.
You dip this into the detergent solution and use it to wipe the plexiglass.
If you want to dry off the plexiglass, you should use a soft, antistatic cloth.
To protect the surface from dust, you can spray it with an antistatic agent.
Do you use washing powder, detergent capsules or liquid detergent to wash your clothes?
Caution: Under no circumstances should you clean plexiglass with abrasives or solvents, as these can damage the glass. As I said, commercial glass cleaner also attacks Plexiglas.
Cleaning plexiglass in the garden
Outside, plexiglass is used, for example, on patio roofs, winter gardens and greenhouses. The static properties of plexiglass are not a big problem there, but you often have to expect coarser dirt outside, such as old leaves or bird droppings.
The surface of Plexiglas is very robust in itself, but you should never work it with a scrubbing cloth or a brush. It is usually sufficient to spray the Plexiglas surface with a hose and, if necessary, wash it off with a microfiber cloth and a detergent solution.
A steam cleaner can also make your work easier here. However, you have to be careful that the temperature does not exceed 70 degrees Celsius so that the plastic does not melt.
How to clean your glass patio roof.
Remove stains on plexiglass
You can treat small stains on plexiglass with benzine, which you dab on and wipe off with a soft, slightly damp cloth. Since petroleum ether can cause discoloration with some types of plastic, you should definitely test it beforehand on an inconspicuous area.
Also, be careful not to use a detergent that contains benzene, ethanol, or alcohol to remove stains. These substances would attack the plastic.
Remove scratches from plexiglass: this is how blind plexiglass becomes clear again
There are special polishes for acrylic glass that you can apply with a soft cloth and then carefully polish. These work best against scratches, but they are quite expensive.
If your plexiglass has only slight scratches or streaks, you can also use toothpaste as a home remedy. First you wash the plexiglass sheet and dry it. Then you apply some toothpaste to the scratched areas and polish them with a microfiber cloth and gentle circular movements. Finally, all you have to do is wipe the plate and let it dry.
To be sure that you don't scratch the plate any further, you should definitely try this method on an inconspicuous area beforehand. It took a little longer for Michael's table, but now it looks almost like new again.
Read more about cleaning plastic.
Never miss the latest tips and tricks again
- Where do people meet seriously with girls
- What is the difference between perfectionism and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Why is there no video debate website
- What do FIFA coins cost
- Are food additives safe
- Is there a reason to learn Cython
- What Makes BBQ Pork or Beef Better
- How do people recognize the weak
- Is Freud's theory of personality relevant today
- A biotech engineer works with computers
- Why did Stargate die
- What jobs do millionaires have
- What songs did Elvis sing
- What are the best fonts for e-books
- How long has the Kia Sportage been running
- How useful is Etsy
- Why shouldn't film be made vegan-friendly?
- What does prey mean in American English
- Can replace programming of Node js Java
- Why does cellulose have subunits
- Has Trump owned a modeling agency
- What's your rating of Jacksonville Jaguars
- What's your rating of Jacksonville Jaguars
- Does VAT apply to a grocery invoice?
- Can you die of too much cuteness
- Can I be homeschooled this year
- Is Julia ready for production use
- How do you renovate a bookcase
- How do I add runtime to the kernel
- How was your JEE prep trip
- How is President Trump?
- What is the best rental business idea
- Which is the hardest type of bitumen