How US sales are increasing
MUNICH (COMPUTERWOCHE) - Despite the weak economy, total income from online purchases in the US increased year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2001. According to studies by the US statistics office Census Bureau, sales climbed 13.1 percent from 8.88 billion to around ten billion dollars - not including income from the tourism and food sector. Compared to the previous quarter, sales even increased by around 34.4 percent. Compared to this, total retail revenues grew only 9.5 percent. Obviously, the online shops profited more from the Christmas business than the brick and mortar shops.
Forrester Research analyst Chris Kelly believes that the growth in online shopping is mainly due to new customers. The market researcher suspects that after the terrorist attacks of September 11th, many Americans used the web to transfer donations via the internet. Then they would have made a few purchases. In addition, Kelly assumes that the offers on the web were cheaper and were therefore used more in view of the economic crisis.
Overall, the online retailers turned over around 32.6 billion dollars last year. This corresponds to an increase of 19.3 percent over the previous year (27.3 billion dollars). In comparison, total retail sales grew only 3.3 percent. (mb)
- Why is cannibalism unusual among humans
- How serious is the Trump Derangement Syndrome
- Can Chennai become the capital of India
- Smart plugs are available without WiFi
- What kind of pasta do you like
- How does Cassandra work
- When will Bitcoin drop back to 500?
- Everyone has high cheekbones
- Is Pluto smaller than Mercury
- Where would the Appleton layer be found?
- Why are hybrid clouds so important
- Is HP really for heating problem
- What is the current programming language landscape
- Free market capitalism is a dead end
- Is Machiavellian learned or innate
- What is a good car for mountain bikers
- How do I help my team connect
- How does Google search work 3
- How do I feel relaxed with people
- Where does blueberry come from
- What's the best self-publishing service
- What can you only buy online
- There were descendants of the Ikshvaku dynasty
- How do product managers get the idea