Knew Viserys from Aegon
Who knew Aemon Targaryen was still alive and on the Night's Watch?
TL; DR - I doubt Maester Aemon has not thought much of those who play the Game of Thrones because of the vows he swore and his advanced age.
First a quick story ...
Aemon was the third son of King Maeker I and, as such, decided to train as a maester as he was unlikely to inherit the throne. The decision was also cemented because a maester's surname, title, etc. are stripped as soon as he forges a chain. This did not prevent some from using Aemon during the Great Council of AD 233. To be raised to king. During this time, Aemon decided to join the Night's Watch in swearing a second vow not to hold titles in order to further distance itself from Westeros politics.
So it is likely that the following groups or individuals knew about Maester Aemon:
The night watch : Jeor Mormont and therefore probably others higher up in the ranks of the Night Watch. After a few conversations, Jon finds out Aemon's true ancestry.
Aemon rightly knew that if he stayed at court, those who didn't like his brother's rule would try to use him, so he came to the wall. And here he stayed while his brother and his brother and son's son reigned and died one after another until Jaime Lannister put an end to the Dragon-Kings line. [Jeor Mormont to Jon Snow] - A Clash of Kings - Jon I
The Maesters of the Citadel : We see Alleras and Marwyn know about Aemon's story.
He was more than just the oldest living maester. He was the oldest man in Westeros and had more history than Archmaester Perestan ever learned. He could have told us a lot and more about the reign of his father and uncle. [Alleras vs. Samwell Tarly] - A feast for crows, Samwell V.
The world that builds the citadel has no place for sorcery, prophecy, or glass candles, much less dragons. Wonder why Aemon Targaryen was allowed to waste his life on the wall when he should by law have been raised to be an archmage. His blood was why. He couldn't be trusted. Not more than I can. [Marwyn to Samwell Tarly] - A feast for crows, Samwell V.
Since this is the organization that Aemon is directly connected to, this makes sense. I found no evidence that other people in the realm, even King Robert, knew of Aemon's ancestry.
- Why do people hunt foxes
- Why don't people say Voldemort's name
- How can I earn money with paintings
- Makes you symmetry attractive
- The triggerfish is poisonous
- Has someone been selected in the SLS PDPU
- Are people able to perform multiple tasks efficiently?
- How much USD is a crore rupee
- How did you get your company product to market
- How do I stop thinking about cocaine
- Can you be a ghost
- What are Saas models available
- How do banks manipulate forex
- Phenol shows an ortho effect
- Why don't we call on God in science?
- What is President Trump's Summer Reading List
- Is Poland democratic
- How does a rupee devalue
- Are all American Express cards valid internationally?
- What is organic acid in chemistry
- Can humans and animals produce offspring
- Should Congress indict President Obama
- Could you deal with living off the grid
- Why is Severus Snape an antihero
- Is colorism important
- What is 5 4 5
- What is reflective teaching
- How many planes does El Al
- Are temporary injunctions constitutional
- Are Assamese Hindus
- Which laboratory offers scholarships for international students
- Why does jewelry irritate my skin?
- Why did Hanumanji go back in time
- What is practical spiritual wisdom