Where was Albert Einstein born and raised?
Albert Einstein was a physicist, one of the most important of all time. His research and ideas have had a profound impact on science. In 1922 he received the Nobel Prize in Physics. His greatest discovery was the theory of relativity. For many people, Albert Einstein is a role model as a researcher. He also used his great fame to campaign for international understanding and peace.
He was born in Ulm in 1879. He grew up in Cannstatt near Stuttgart. His parents were devout Jews. The family had lived in Germany for centuries.
In 1880 the family moved to Munich. Albert had a sister there. His father started his own business with Albert's uncle. Albert Einstein read books on physics while he was still at school. At the age of 14 he dropped out of school and moved back to live with his parents, who now lived in Milan, Italy. So he didn't have to go into the army either.
He later moved to Switzerland and studied at the university there. At the age of 21 he was a subject teacher for mathematics and physics. He received the Swiss passport. Then he became a citizen of Austria. He then lived in Berlin and became a citizen of Prussia and thus also of the German Empire.
Before the Second World War, he submitted his German passport. As a native Jew, he feared persecution by the National Socialist government. He still had Swiss citizenship and also acquired US citizenship in 1940.
Albert Einstein died in the United States of America in 1955. He had last lived there near New York. Long after his death, an American magazine voted Einstein “Man of the 20th Century”. The chemical element Einsteinium bears his name. And in Bern, where he lived for a long time, there are two museums that remember him.
Einstein's most important work was the theory of relativity. It made him famous all over the world. The theory of relativity is very difficult to understand. It is so incredible that even many great physicists from Einstein's time initially thought it was nonsense. Today we know a lot of evidence for the correctness of this theory.
Allegedly, Einstein was a bad student. In fact, he has a six on his report card in the subjects of algebra, geometry and physics. There is only a three in the French subject. However, it is often overlooked that Einstein attended a Swiss school and there the six is the top grade.
There is also an article on “Albert Einstein” for beginners on MiniKlexikon.de and other search results from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Where are the native people of Iceland
- What is viscous force
- Is 19 too old to start smoking
- Why is My Little Pony so popular
- How can I keep myself from dancing?
- Why are people against brothels
- How many cities does Syria have
- Why is grass an invasive species
- How much was the pre-sale of Ethereum
- How important are the tests on Upwork
- What are internal blog links
- What percentage of American Jews are Ashkenazi?
- Is the Zika virus directed against women and childbirth
- How gentle are bullmastiffs around a baby
- What is the difference between book and e-book
- What is Netflix Big Data Data Analytics
- What is the name of Levi Ackerman's haircut
- Where can we get free source codes
- What is the strangest channel on YouTube
- How can I develop a personality 2
- Put Itachi Nagato into eternal genjutsu
- Expenses for youth sports
- Which electronic products are in demand
- How does Facebook recognize people in photos