What are the benefits of binaural
Binaural or monaural supply
Monaural care for hearing loss
A distinction is made between monaural and binaural supply of the ears, i.e. one-sided or two-sided equipment with hearing aids.
What is monaural hearing?
Monaural hearing means hearing with one ear. It usually arises from one-sided deafness and is accompanied by a partial loss of directional hearing. However, hearing in both ears is a prerequisite for directional hearing. With monaural listening, spatial orientation is severely restricted, but the person concerned can provide rough information about direction and localization. He supplements the missing information with empirical values.
What is binaural hearing?
Everyone has two ears. If both are supported by hearing aids, one speaks of a binaural supply.
Since people are born with two ears, so to speak, the central nervous system is also designed to process sounds with both ears. Ideally, both ears are equally sensitive and have about the same hearing performance.
Two ears, two hearing aids
What people hear is processed in the brain. That does amazing things. The central nervous system calculates, for example, the angle of incidence at which a sound reaches the listener from tiny time differences when sound waves arrive. The quality of the sound waves, i.e. their amplitude and frequency, are also evaluated in order to be able to precisely localize the place of origin of a tone. This directional hearing ability is extremely important - for example in traffic a person is very endangered who cannot hear with his ears the direction from which a vehicle is approaching.
Just as in healthy people both ears communicate with each other through the central nervous system, so to speak, modern hearing aids also communicate with each other. In this way, they ensure that, for example, the ability to hear directionally is retained, although the binaurally supplied ears work differently well.
The two hearing aids communicate wirelessly and are precisely matched to one another. They can be connected to other media such as cell phones, televisions, MP3 players or PCs via Bluetooth. This avoids disturbing noises. A good listening experience is guaranteed.
Rely on a binaural supply
Many patients feel that their hearing is deteriorating - and yet they do not take any action as long as they believe they can manage without a hearing aid. Especially at the beginning of a hearing impairment, the timely use of binaural hearing aids can prevent the capabilities of one ear from deteriorating further. The good coordination of the two receivers for binaural supply even helps to hear well in an otherwise difficult situation for hearing aid wearers: at parties and in any other environment in which there is a lot of background noise in addition to human voices.
The advantages of two hearing aids
You can localize sources of noise and danger clearly and in good time. This is necessary in road traffic, for example, in order to determine the direction of an approaching car.
Background and background noises can have a disruptive influence and impair concentration. Wearing two hearing aids will help you focus better on a conversation and ignore the background noise.
Hearing aids on the left and right restore the natural “stereo effect”, that is, hearing from both sides. This offers you a better perception of sounds and a generally more pleasant listening experience.
Pay attention early to an optimal hearing aid supply! If one ear remains unsupervised, speech understanding in this ear decreases over time and can only be acquired again slowly.
- Marvel Comics How old is Captain America
- What is psychoanalytic therapy
- What are H 1B special jobs
- What did Bob Dylan's songs teach you?
- What is the story behind the surname Sharma
- Should I sell my shares in Intel?
- What is the Association of Tennis Professionals
- What is a compulsory disadvantage 1
- Can I send an Airtel transfer?
- What are one-dimensional signs
- What is the grammar translation method
- What is an ion charge
- What are the inconvenient scientific discoveries
- How does a partnership come about
- In medical terms, what is filled with pus
- Is the law complex
- Can I use Inkscape for the mobile user interface?
- Is Paris a magical city
- Where can genocide happen
- Should I study medicine or creative writing?
- Why is vocational training no longer valued
- Can I send an Airtel transfer?
- Is that a false statement
- How are we on earth
- How do I find another metalhead
- Men should wear shoes with high heels
- What cancer means has no answer
- What are concrete examples of metaphysics
- What does sharing mean
- How do I become a software reseller
- Jesus heard music
- How do statistics help with risk management
- Is Tzuyu popular with the average Taiwanese