What are some interesting project code names
1. The Inuit name for Greenland is Kalaallit Nunaat, which means "land of the people".
2. Around 80 percent of the country is covered by an ice sheet and glaciers. Although the ice-free land area is only a fraction, this area is still as large as Sweden.
3. The Ilulissat Icefjord is on the UNESCO World Heritage List and is the most productive glacier in the world.
4. Greenland has a population of around 57,000 people, around 15,000 of whom live in the capital Nuuk.
5. Fishing is one of the main livelihoods of the people of Greenland. The tourism industry has also become more important in recent years.
6. Researchers have calculated that the Greenland Ice Sheet is between 400,000 and 800,000 years old.
7. Greenland was a Danish colony until 1953. It gained autonomy in 1979 and self-government in 1981. The country is a constitutional monarchy with a one-chamber parliament, the Landsting, with 31 seats and a prime minister at the top. The country is represented by two members in the Danish Parliament. The nominal head of state of the country is the Danish queen.
8. There are numerous hot springs which, with temperatures ranging from 37 to 38 degrees, draw visitors from all over the world all year round.
9. The largest city in southern Greenland is Qaqortoq, which is located in a place that has been inhabited for around 4,300 years. The Qaqortoq Museum has a collection of artifacts from the Dorset and Thule cultures and the Viking Age,
10. Hvalsey Church is the first Christian church on the continent and is one of the best preserved ruins from the Viking Age.
11. In mid-March, golf enthusiasts can attend or watch the Ice Golf World Championships in Uummannaq. The two-day event takes place on a square that is laid out between icebergs on ice and snow.
12. The ancestors of the people of Greenland are originally from Siberia.
13. Until the Second World War, Greenland had a closed and self-sufficient economy.
14. The country's coat of arms shows a polar bear on a blue shield. The polar bear symbolizes the animal world of the country and the color blue stands for the Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean.
15. The country belongs geographically to North America and politically to Europe.
16. The sun does not set in northern Greenland between May 25th and July 25th. June 21st is the longest day of the year and a national holiday. July is the only month in which the average temperature in Greenland is above 0 degrees.
17. The currency in Greenland is the Danish krone.
18. “Kayak” and “Igloo” are Greenlandic words that have been adopted from other languages.
19. According to a study by the journal “Nature Climate Change”, the ice sheet in northeast Greenland has lost more than ten billion tons of ice per year since 2003.
20. Tourism in Greenland is largely about the rich flora and fauna on the island. The most popular species include the polar bear, humpback whale, musk ox, walrus, reindeer and sea eagle.
21. The Vikings discovered Greenland in the 10th century.
22. The official languages are Greenlandic and Danish. English is widely spoken.
- Which is the cleanest fossil fuel 1
- What is the first university in India
- How many planes does El Al
- What is criminal misunderstanding
- How to pronounce Hermes Birkin
- How will you remember Chester Bennington
- What degrees do clinical psychologists need
- How can I think in terms of business
- Is a guitar a violin
- Why is HentaiHaven down
- How to synthesize D proteins
- Be able to share your eyebrow tips
- If atheism is ideology, who will deter
- Why doesn't my stove keep up?
- What is your basis for morality
- What happened to Palm Inc
- What is hipmunk
- What is Keith Richard's favorite song
- What are amniotes
- Who are the top 15 sandalwood actresses
- Are the fingertips of physics enough for the NEET
- How fast can an adult dolphin swim
- What does DNCE stand for
- Is Michael Vogel a Jew?
- What's the point of CNN
- What is pain Can pain be mental
- Why do people update smartphones
- How are we on earth
- Which mobile home should I never buy?
- Should I join Zomato?
- What is the easiest tool to learn
- How do I deal with my ADHD
- What is the best contact solution
- How should Hindus read the Koran?