Is it wrong to post selfies?
Study of Selfie Obsession"Selfitis" gives it really
The word might sound funny at first - but it isn't. In a new study, researchers have dealt intensively with "selfitis", i.e. with the tendency to obsessively take selfies.
Hand on heart: how many selfies have you already taken today? One, five, more? Perhaps you are - many of us are - a case of "selfitis". A new study by Nottingham Trent University and the Indian Thiagarajar School of Management assumes three levels:
- Borderline Selfitis: Take but don't post selfies three times a day
- Acute: Take and post at least three selfies per day
- Chronic: Take selfies around the clock and post at least six of them daily
Conclusions about the personality?
The research team developed 20 statements for a diagnosis, for example "I feel more popular when I post my selfies on social media" or "If I don't take selfies, I feel cut off from my peer group" or "I use image editing, so that my selfie looks better than anyone else's. "
"The experts say: People who typically suffer from selfitis seek attention above all else. They lack self-confidence."
With the selfies, people would try to be part of a group and to push their social position.
But there are already psychologists who criticize this study. The Telegraph quotes Dr. Mark Salter of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, who says: "Right now we are always trying to label all kinds of human behavior with a single word. It is dangerous because there are things where there is none."
The authors themselves mention another point of criticism of the study: 90 percent of the participants were under 25 years of age. That is not representative of a whole society.
By the way, three years ago there was quite a lot of talk about "Selfitis". In 2014 it was still a fake news story. But that is exactly what inspired the psychologists from Nottingham and India to now conduct this real study.
"The tests were carried out with a total of more than 600 students in India."
- Because India has the largest number of Facebook users
- Because most fatal accidents happen while taking selfies in India: 76 out of 127 worldwide, the study says
- What are the advantages of stable coins
- Why is my phone not playing videos
- Why do people travel with pets
- Do you like Jim Carrey's artwork
- What is this bump on my foot
- How to find your iCloud ID
- Did Italy use African soldiers during World War II
- What famous musicians have used Gibson guitars
- How to Hire Instagram API Developers
- Snoring professional singers
- Which welding rod should I use?
- Who are your favorite musicians of the 60s
- Can an oncologist practice radiation therapy and chemotherapy
- Why does Manaphy whine in the film
- Which are the ECM verbs
- Is Moonsun from Mamamoo real
- What is the best cellular network in Sydney
- How did James Watt contribute to physics
- Yoga reduces sexual feelings
- Are NITs better than IPU for architecture
- Why is America so obsessed with entertainment
- Edward Snowden is now a KGB agent
- How can I download the catia v5 software?
- Fitness trainers arrange to meet their customers