What are the measurements of electricity
Measuring electrical quantities
Measuring means comparing an unknown quantity with a known quantity.
In electrical measurement technology, current, voltage and resistance are referred to as measurands. The measured variable is the unit of the measured value.
A value is determined during the measurement. It is called the measured value. This is made up of the display value and the measured variable. The measured variable is the unit.
The display value is determined from the pointer deflection of an analog measuring device or read off from the display of a digital measuring device.
Since the measured value can be very large or very small and, due to its structural size, a measuring device only has limited space to display the measured value, the measuring range is set before the measurement. To do this, you have to know roughly how high the measured value could be beforehand. As a rule, you start with a high measuring range and, if necessary, switch down the measuring range step by step.
When zeroing without applied voltage or current, the pointer must be exactly above the zero line on the scale. If not, then the pointer has to be adjusted. Otherwise there will be a measurement error.
The measuring device is used to determine the measured value, the numerical value, an electrical variable (measured variable).
Basics about measuring
- Never measure twice. Because otherwise you won't know which of the two results is the right one.
- All constants are variable.
- Who measures, measures dung.
In view of the measurement result, the measurement must always be viewed critically. If a measurement is carried out incorrectly, all kinds of values can be measured. This means that measurement results always have to be interpreted correctly.
Questions before the measurement
Even if it is a simple standard measurement, you should ask yourself the following questions before measuring:
- Which measured value do I need with which accuracy?
- How many decimal places do I need?
- I measure direct voltage (DC), alternating voltage (AC) or a voltage with an alternating voltage component (AC).
Depending on the answer, the measuring instrument is to be selected, the measuring range to be set and the type of measurement to be used (e.g. current error and voltage error circuit).
Various errors can occur when determining the measured value. In order to rule out these errors, the following points must be observed:
- Note the position of use of the measuring device.
- Measuring instruments are sensitive and should therefore be handled with care.
- Measuring instruments should not be exposed to excessive temperatures.
- With analog measuring devices, the last third of the measuring scale should be used.
- Magnetic fields influence the measuring mechanism.
- Measuring devices are to be stored dry and free of dust.
- Pay attention to the measurand and measuring range when measuring.
- On measuring instruments, check the zero position of the pointer before measuring.
In order to keep the measuring error as small as possible with the analog measuring device, the measuring range (switch position) should be selected so that the pointer is in the last third of the scale.
Overview: electrical measuring devices
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- Medications are available to treat taeniasis
- Why can't I display my questions?
- Which pencil is best for drawing anime
- What is the area in ICAR
- Which oil spreads the most on the water
- Prefer girls to bad boys or men
- What is Intel Core Processor
- What is a data science training course
- Why are Americans so anti-union
- Where are the Philadelphia Eagles located
- When does a body turn
- Cupcakes need to be cooled
- Is there an acupressure treatment for the thyroid
- What font is used on SimplyShredded com
- How many chromosomes does a man have
- Why didn't Leo Strauss like Karl Popper?
- What is a snubber network
- What are the main uses for taurine
- Can a baboon win in a fight
- Bank Clerk Assestment
- Why do blueberries look dusty
- How do you rate Google Cardboard
- Dogs are in pain like humans
- How are fire bricks made