What is the marketing strategy for Alibaba
Alibaba vs. Amazon: That's how powerful the Chinese online retail empire is
According to YouGov, two out of five people in this country can relate to the term Alibaba. However, very few people know about the dimensions of the largest Chinese e-commerce player. The group of companies is now contrasting Amazon with an infographic to enable a specific comparison.
Alibaba is still largely unknown in Germany
There are a total of 12 brands behind the Alibaba Group. AliExpress, a B2C online shop, is also active in Germany, for example. One reason why many of these are not yet known is probably the relatively long delivery time. Goods from China arrive more slowly than local ones. The group is also already represented in the German market with Alipay. For example, Rossmann customers have been able to pay for their purchases with the Chinese version of PayPal since last spring. Most of the other companies that Alibaba unites are usually limited to the Asian region. But the giant's urge to expand is great and one should be prepared for other brands to conquer international markets. China Gadgets has therefore taken the trouble to create an extensive infographic from a number of sources in order to get an idea of the group of companies.
First of all, it should be noted that the comparison with Amazon lags a bit. Alibaba is more of a platform for B2B, while Amazon of course does classic B2C business with its own warehouses. But otherwise there is simply nothing comparable with such dimensions. In particular, the so-called Singles ‘Day on November 11th. one year can exemplify the extent of online commerce in China. In 2009, Alibaba started making this date a day of action. The ones symbolize the single people who are supposed to give themselves presents on Singles ‘Day - and they do. On November 11, 2016, the campaign flushed 15.1 billion euros into the coffers of dealers on Alibaba.com. Last Singles ‘Day, Alibaba reported sales of 22 billion euros. By way of comparison: in 2016, the entire US retail sector turned over 7.11 billion euros on Cyber Monday, Black Friday, Thanksgiving and Prime Day.
Infographic: Clear the ring for the big players in e-commerce
The graphic gives an overview of a variety of topics:
- most important shopping days with sales and orders
- Information about the founders
- Breakdown of the Alibaba Group's corporate network and its counterparts
- Comparison of sales and profit
- Number of employees
- Revenue generated from advertising
- E-Commerce Markets in International Comparison
- User numbers on the platforms
- Company stock values
- as a bonus: fun facts
You can find the infographic in higher resolution as a PDF at China Gadgets.
70 percent of all online shop visitors in Germany ultimately drop out. This whitepaper shows how you can use three-dimensional analysis to get them to convert - and increase sales.
Download the white paper now
Anton Priebe was active at OnlineMarketing.de from 2013 to 2019. As editor-in-chief, the studied German studies and sociologist focused on technology, creative marketing strategies, conversion optimization and SEO.
- What is target sale on the stock exchange
- How do you talk to an ENFJ
- When will the result of the SSB interview be announced?
- What are some cognitive excess design patterns
- What are the extinct Ethiopian languages
- At what age can a pilot retire
- Why did most of the utopias begin?
- What is the scope of an audiologist
- Is someone robust who still uses small talk
- How is a bottle made BPA free
- How profitable is archeology
- How does Katti translate into English
- What is weathering and its types
- India is experiencing a real estate bubble
- What is the national song of China
- You can borrow more for your mortgage
- How the menu Cheesecake Factory is determined
- What is meant by EIGRP and OSPF
- Why is ethical selfishness not more popular
- What is turbo lock
- How do I learn FEA effectively
- Should I be a bodybuilder
- Most people even have big eyes
- Can i say good day at night