Who killed Wyatt Earp

Wyatt Earp was born on March 19, 1848 in Monmouth, Illinois. He had three brothers: Virgil, Morgan and Warren. All four had a wide variety of professions. So they worked z. B. as a stagecoach driver, bouncer, player, waiter, policeman, pub keeper, groom and casual worker. Wyatt Earp's greatest goal was to work as a sheriff in some cattle town. But he never achieved this goal because he was late for every election. So he was only hired as a simple policeman in various cities. In Wichita z. B. he was dismissed again because he had fired at his opponent in the new election as marshal and had embezzled funds. In Dodge City, too, he was only hired as a simple cop because he was late first and later lost the marshal elections. Finally, on December 1, 1879, he went to Tombstone with his entire family, hoping to work there as a sheriff. But even here he came too late. The first county sheriff, John Behan, had just been elected. Only his brother Wirgil Earp was temporarily town marshal of Tombstone. Wyatt and his other brothers then opened gaming tables and did a variety of odd jobs. Their wives worked as laundresses for the prospectors.

A series of stagecoach robberies began in 1880, and there was some evidence that Wyatt Earp was the leader of a gang made up of the Earp brothers and the Clanton family. In addition, a certain Doc Holliday is said to have been there, who saved Wyatt Earp's life in Dodge City in 1876 with the Colt. When a stagecoach was robbed on March 15, 1881 and $ 80,000 was stolen, Doc Holliday was suspected of murdering the coachman. Wyatt Earp then cleverly directed the suspicion to the Clanton brothers, who in turn threatened to go to court to provide evidence of all the robberies and to act as key witnesses. For this reason, at the OK Corral in Tombstone on October 26, 1881, the Earp brothers and Doc Holliday on one side and the Clanton brothers Ike and Billy, and the McLaury brothers Tom and Frank on the other. It was the beginning of one of the most famous revolver duels in the Wild West. There are many versions of how this duel is supposed to have gone. In any case, as in many movies, it did not take place. Ike Clanton and Tom McLaury are said to have been unarmed and even intended to speak to the Earp brothers. However, they are said to have asked their opponents to put their hands up, which they then did. Then the Earp brothers are said to have opened fire. The whole duel lasted about 30 seconds and happened at close range. The two McLaury brothers were immediately fatally wounded. Billy Clanton, who was hit twice, still managed to injure Virgel and Morgan Earp before he died. Doc Holliday was also wounded. Only Wyatt Earp and Ike Clanton emerged unharmed. Morgan Earp was later shot from behind in a saloon window shot and Virgil Earp was injured in an attack. It is believed that a certain Frank Stilwell was believed to have committed the murder attempt on Morgan Earp. Others believed that a certain John Ringo was responsible for the crime. A court later confirmed that the Earp brothers and Doc Holliday had acted as deputy marshals in the fight at OK Corral and were acquitted of the murder charge. A few months later, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday met Ike Clanton at a train station. Also in attendance was Frank Stilwell, who was eventually shot and killed by Wyatt Earp after a car chase.

Stilwell's death marked the beginning of a war in the course of which a number of men were massacred by Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. One of these men was the gunslinger and killer Curly Bill Brocius, whom Wyatt Earp killed at a waterhole near Iron Springs. Wyatt Earp later went to San Diego, California, where he worked as a broker for a while. He then went to Alaska and opened a saloon there. Eventually, however, he returned and made a living in the mining business near Needles. He spent his final years in Los Angeles, where he died on January 13, 1929 at the age of 81. Wyatt Earp was buried in a small Jewish cemetery in Colma, California.