Is a variable always in numerical form
188.8.131.52 Recoding with SPSS
At the same time, SPSS requires numeric data for many functions, where data is in String (or text) format. In the case of pure text data, such as 'Very good' or 'Good', SPSS cannot recognize that 'Very Good' reflects a higher intensity or quality than 'Good'. However, SPSS would recognize a meaningful ranking in numerical form.
SPSS allows String variable automatically in numerical to encode.
To do this, use the TRANSFORM - RECODE function in the menu bar. Now you can decide whether you want to recode to the same or a different variable. It is better to stand up for another variable to decide, because the recoding (you can also recode several values to a single new one) can lead to a loss of information (whether deliberate or due to an operator error). This problem is eliminated by recoding to a new variable.
You now select the variable that is to be recoded and enter a new name for it in the Output variable field (which for reasons of various compatibility) must not exceed eight characters. In the field below, however, you can choose any long and expressive name.Figure: Recoding into other variables with SPSS
Now click on Old and new values. If you want to recode individual values, enter in the field value the same one (e.g. Matura). Now you need a new value for it. For this you could e.g. the number 3 in the field New value enter. In the example given above, various completed training levels would be put in a logical order.
If you want to combine several (numerical) values into a single new one, you can specify a range (e.g. Area 20 to 29), if you want to bring everyone between 20-29 year olds into a single age group ’between 20 and 30’). Click after each individual entry for transcoding Add.
At the end, click Next and then OK. Your data will now be recoded into the new variable. Only now would it be possible for you that SPSS can meaningfully rank the training according to years and quality and, of course, can also calculate many other (related) analyzes. Only now would it be possible to calculate a correlation between the level of education and income.
- What is the national flower of England
- The Kollywood Tamil Cinema falls back
- How does gunpowder smell?
- Is it creepy to post anonymously?
- How can I download videos from IMBC
- How useful is the Airbnb concierge service
- Should I pursue a YouTube career
- You can apply to several renowned universities
- What is the strongest toothpick bridge design
- Who played Lando Calrissian in Star Wars
- What is an overclocked processor
- Is a provision an asset
- Are bathroom fans meant to disguise smells?
- How does she know you love her
- Why does Callisto have so many craters
- What is radiology
- What is a penalty for defamation
- Who Offers Inexpensive WordPress Hosting
- Why is cannibalism unusual among humans
- What virtues do millennials show
- What should I do with my job
- Why is cos 0 equal to 1
- What is Nada Brahma
- Why do I hate wearing jeans
- What are different uses of neem
- How does she know you love her
- Has an advertisement ever ruined a business?
- Does the Srm University have a swimming pool
- Where is Muzaffarpur
- Has Arvind Kejriwal self-respect
- What does drywall type X.
- Desk chairs are worthwhile
- What business can I start with 15000