What are the properties of ceramics
Technical ceramics: properties, application
Technical ceramics are highly specialized ceramic materials whose properties are designed for technical applications. Since the properties of the materials can be influenced very differently, it is used in many areas of application.
Synonym (s): high-performance ceramics, industrial ceramics, engineering ceramics
Compared to ordinary ceramics, which are used for decorative purposes or tableware, high-performance ceramics are subject to certain qualitative requirements, which means that some material properties differ from those in general. These special ceramic materials can be used to create high-performance components for industry.
It is made from ceramic powder, an organic binder and liquid. The materials are shaped under heat after the individual components have been mixed. This process is called sintering. Important in the manufacturing processes are z. B. the shape, the firing process, the processing temperature and the grain size. By changing the points mentioned, different material properties can be created from the same mixture of substances. But the ceramic molded parts only get their special features during the sintering process.
Areas of application
Due to the many advantageous material characteristics, components made of technical ceramics are used in a wide range of fields of activity. Also includes:
High-performance ceramics are sometimes used as a substitute for metal. This type of ceramic material is used primarily in bearing and sealing technology. The components include z. B. Pipes, seals, heat sinks, tools, connectors, plugs and bushings.
The base materials include oxides such as zirconium oxide, magnesium oxide, aluminum oxide, silicates such as alkali aluminum silicates and non-oxides such as nitrides.
Depending on the production, different material properties can be achieved, which bring different advantages.
- Low-wear components with service lives
- Electrically neutral
- Dimensionally stable
- Chemical resistance
- Mechanic solidity
- High hardness
- Heat resistance
- low or high thermal conductivity (depending on the material)
- Low expansion coefficient
Important manufacturers of technical ceramics
CeramTec, Doceram, Barat Ceramics, FRIATEC
Sembach uses the three mold environment methods dry pressing, extrusion and ceramic injection molding.
Zell Quarzglas: In addition to quartz glass and technical glass, Zell Quarzglas also produces oxide ceramics.
- Has Arvind Kejriwal self-respect
- Are credit cards widely used in Belgium
- What are the magnets around cables for?
- How is fire protection measured
- Why does 911 happen
- Is Shefali Naidu the next Gopalkrishna Vishwanath
- Why is the present important 1
- Why we use System in Java
- How did Anegundi get its name?
- Helps yourself work
- What are the best abs workout
- What's your rating of Provo UT
- Was Steve Jobs buried, if so where
- Is augmented learning the future of education
- When should we start learning AngularJS?
- Everyone is haunted by their past
- What do you think about ADHD
- What is going to replace Google
- How did cave people with poor eyesight survive
- Which synergistically benefits email marketing
- Why is Facebook facing a decline
- You don't know this name
- Where can you learn Sanskrit online
- How important is the cloud for AI