Can we pull oil with braces?
Dental care fixed braces
What should you watch out for when brushing your teeth and taking care of your teeth with fixed braces?
Wearing fixed braces requires special and careful dental care. With the brackets attached to the teeth, daily oral hygiene, especially tooth brushing, must be carried out very thoroughly to prevent tooth decay and periodontal disease. Because leftover food and plaque are given many opportunities to adhere to the corners and edges of the brackets.
The fixed braces make it difficult to brush your teeth
So that the fixed braces can act on the teeth, the brackets that hold the metal arches are glued directly onto the teeth. In addition to the metal wires, rubbers are also attached to the brackets, depending on the bracket system. In this combination of the structural elements of the fixed braces, leftover food can easily get stuck and plaque can form very easily and quickly. The brackets, wires and rubbers of the fixed braces make it more difficult to thoroughly brush your teeth, to clean between teeth and to remove plaque.
Dental care routine with fixed braces
Conscientious cleaning of the teeth, the interdental spaces and all elements of the braces is a prerequisite for lasting dental health. Any dental diseases can otherwise also interfere with the course of treatment.
Twice a day at least 5 minutes should be spent on dental care with fixed braces. We recommend the following procedure for this:
- First, rinse your mouth vigorously with water. This is how coarse and loose food scraps can be loosened.
- In preparation, brush back and forth between the metal wires above and below with the toothbrush.
- Then brush your teeth as usual with toothpaste and a medium-hard manual toothbrush or electric toothbrush - make sure that you brush from below and above under the metal bands.
- Then clean again very consciously on and around the brackets.
- Now use the toothbrush to clean the area above the brackets at an angle from top to bottom.
- Then also clean the area below the brackets.
- Brush the chewing surfaces and insides of the teeth as usual.
- Finally, the spaces under the metal arches and between the brackets should be cleaned with an interdental brush.
- Finally, rinse your mouth out again.
We also recommend using a mouthwash as a support. The teeth should also be treated with fluoride gel once a week. However, not before brackets are to be attached or replaced, as this makes the plastic adhesive less sticky.
Conscientious and thorough dental care while wearing fixed braces ensures long-term dental health. Always pay attention to good dental hygiene so that the teeth are intact and healthy after the removal of the fixed braces.
Do you still have questions about dental care and correct oral hygiene when wearing fixed braces? We would be happy to advise you in our 360 ° braces orthodontics in Düsseldorf Oberbilk. Just make your first appointment.
Make an appointment now
- What are some interesting funny websites
- How do people know about internet abbreviations?
- How does the Simple Network Management Protocol work
- How do Buddhism and Hinduism view women
- Should I buy stocks in Dover?
- What do filters do in Photoshop
- Should I ask my client for equity
- How is the Dallas Cowboys team run
- What's an MBBS student's worst nightmare
- Bathsheba Adulteress or Innocent Victim 1
- How does the ELO ranking system work
- What is Balducci Levitation
- Are conference papers reviewed by experts
- What does it mean that this is a police matter
- Where to buy real succulents
- How do you say whatever in Korean
- What is the pH color of HCl
- What are the best restaurants in Seychelles
- How is technology a way to reveal
- Can France become a superpower again?
- What is the reason for the Catholic celibacy
- What is the withholding tax rate?
- What motivated people to become gulag guards
- When do lawyers lie to the judge?
- Who is Samwell Tarly's girlfriend
- What will happen to Bitcoin in 2019
- Why do cats love boxes
- How does it work at L T.
- How is the climate of Kharagpur
- How do school loans work
- How does a single founder hire 2
- Why are some people dependent on misery
- Why do bibliographies have such intricate formats
- What is the Zopper business model