Psychiatry has no future
The future of psychiatry
Where do mental illnesses such as depression, schizophrenia or addiction come from? If we had an answer to this question, we would be a good deal closer to healing. But unfortunately we only know fragments. Since the Enlightenment we have suspected that demons, anger or the special care of a god are not the cause. So exorcisms don't help. Assuming a mental weakness of those affected - a kind of guilt question, still widespread until the middle of the last century - is also of little help.
Fortunately, we live in enlightened times, and mental disorders are now understood for exactly what they are: illnesses. More difficult to diagnose than a cardiac arrhythmia, less causal treatment than diabetes, they are something very common after all. Incidentally, this happens to every second person in an episode-like manner in the course of their life, at least in the western world.
And the causes are considered just as every day: biological susceptibilities that are genetically determined, as well as factors of development that begin in the womb, but also social influences up to the teenage years. The research that we are sketching here in cooperation with the Central Institute for Mental Health in Mannheim (ZI) and using the example of the new Center for Innovative Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Research (ZIPP) is correspondingly complex.
Michael Simm gives an introduction: New tools for repairing the soul.
- Who won Elon Musk's X Prize
- How is Hong Kong a capitalist region
- What is the best documentary about astronauts
- Law firms will pay for law school
- What is coding why is it important
- Why is deforestation affecting global warming
- Will Eminem do another album
- How many types of articles are there
- How was your trip to Poland
- Are lithium-ion jump starters reliable
- Why am I so negative
- Which companies need a call center
- Which makes me sleep too much
- How can I get OnePlus now
- Madurai is an old planned city
- What is Fana in Sufism
- Can boys scribble
- We are all genetic mutations
- What are posts in GitHub
- Why are child-free weddings growing in popularity?
- What is the value of tan x
- Which synergistically benefits email marketing
- Local libraries send fines to collections
- How can technology reduce corruption