Will Britain give up Brexit?
Brexit today & now: What is Brexit doing to the UK? - Freytags question
It will certainly not go without costs. If the British government really carelessly breaks an international treaty that was signed less than nine months ago, that sends a bad signal to the outside world. Leaving aside the sake of peace in Ireland, potential contractors - for free trade deals, for example - will wonder why they should trust the British government. It would not strengthen Britain's credibility or its negotiating position.
Such a strategy is risky for a country that has already been weakened by the corona crisis and that is taking further risks as a result of Brexit. Because Great Britain needs to be integrated into the global division of labor largely without restrictions, especially when it has said goodbye to the world's largest single market. One can therefore only hope that the draft law will be recognized as a wrong path and that the negotiations for Brexit will now be conducted with the necessary seriousness and with the intention of reaching a successful conclusion. It would be sad if a large country with a great liberal and rational tradition and global political standing were to become a populist-led European dwarf.
more on the subject
The negotiations between Great Britain and the EU could be about to end. London is going on the offensive with a law that would break the exit treaty that has already been signed. What drives London?
- What are interesting facts about Mark Zuckerberg
- Are computers good at solving puzzles?
- What holidays do believers of Confucianism celebrate?
- No longer available 10
- What are the best AA rechargeable batteries
- What are some examples of vacuum cleaning
- Is there a design in evolution
- How can I become a Bollywood hero?
- What do people want from funeral catering
- Japanese culture is calm
- What is John Kasich's religion
- What is fractal light theory
- What creates a physical attraction
- How much is 830 mg of salt
- Sheev Palpatine was always angry
- Makes tennis power
- What's your rating of Fitbit Flex
- Is there anyone from Pune on Quora
- What does Brexit mean for expats
- Can American English be saved
- Why do poets use iambic pentameters
- Where and why did powerlifting begin
- Money doesn't exist anymore What is changing
- When did the newspapers go online?