Physics knows all physical laws
The 10 greatest physical puzzles of our time
Wouldn't it be nice to have a single theory from which all the laws of physics can be derived? Many famous physicists, including Einstein, found the idea not only tempting, but plausible. Your search for this one "world formula" was in vain. Nevertheless, even today many scientists are still convinced that there must or at least could be a single unifying theory. The first big step would be a so-called "Grand Unified Theory" (GUT). It should derive three of the four basic physical forces from a single elementary force: (i) the electromagnetic, (ii) the weak interaction that is involved in decay and transformation processes, and (iii) the strong interaction that holds the atomic nuclei together. Since these three forces have a similar mathematical structure, physicists suspect that the existence of the GUT is likely.
In the actual world formula or "Theory Of Everything" (TOE) one would also have to include the fourth force, gravity. The expectations of the TOE are high: It should explain the nature of dark matter and dark energy as well as many phenomena in the history of our universe. Hot candidates for a world formula are M-theory (a generalized and expanded string theory) and loop quantum gravity. Both theories, however, still face significant problems and are far from being able to serve as all-encompassing descriptions. It is difficult to look for something that you do not know whether it actually exists.
- Increasing the RAM improves the performance in laptops
- Who owns the Astrill VPN service
- Is it true that Stalin supported feminism?
- Why are neurotypes immoral
- How do I hide fourteen comics
- Why did Trump threaten the Freedom Caucus
- How can you benefit from the modernization
- What are some bible verses about salvation
- Makes us think technology less effectively
- Why do people travel with pets
- Vegans desire to eat smoked salmon
- Why is the jurisprudence backward
- Which are the best smart bracelet
- What are some must know Japanese words
- Is life hell without us even realizing it?
- How could man continue to develop?
- Who still reads the SEC 10k filings
- Can bolt cutters cut a chain
- How did your childhood affect your parents?
- Why can't we live without cells
- How secure is the 128-bit AES encryption
- What is the gas in a geode
- Is religion a necessity for man?
- Boys find pubic hair unattractive in girls
- Can a company fully manage a community?
- Black outfits look good for seniors
- How can I treat eye contour wrinkles
- Would you like to read my novel
- What do you think of Volvos
- Why do kids wear funny t-shirts
- How did Tangerine Florida get its name
- What does this tweet mean