Is NICMAR better than GICMAR
What Are The Best Career Opportunities After A Bachelor's Degree In Civil Engineering?
I have a civil engineering degree in India and am a graduate of the National Institute of Construction Management and Research (NICMAR). I am currently working at Hindustan Construction Company Ltd as a Senior Contracts Engineer.
You have many options after completing engineering in India (I don't know much about opportunities abroad) that can put you in a better position.
1. GATE : You can try. (If you are so desperate to do M.Tech in some of the prestigious institutions in India)
M.Tech in traffic engineering
M.Tech in civil engineering
M.Tech in water management
M.Tech in geotechnical engineering
M.Tech in environmental engineering etc.
2. IES : Indian Engineering Services. Believe me. You can apply now.
3.power adapter : If you are technically strong, you can apply for a power supply unit. Nowadays they mainly depend on the GATE score. So prepare yourself hard for GATE. Give your best.
Some government departments such as the Ministry of Atomic Energy, etc., conduct their own audits for recruitment. Follow their advertisements.
4. State Government Jobs: Comparatively easy to crack.
They are even eligible for banking jobs in India. (Bank orders)
5. Jobs @ Construction giants like L&T, Tata Projects, SPCL, HCC etc .: take part in their interviews. Visit their websites, find the CAREER option, talk to HR staff, or send them your resume. If you are lucky, you may get a call to attend the interviews.
These links can be helpful:
Freshersworld.com - Page
Jobs - Recruiting - Job Search - Employment - Job Offers - Naukri.com
Shine.com: One Stop Destination to Find Your Dream Job On the Go
6.Higher Studies : MBA or Construction / Project Management etc in India -
You can also try CAT with your engineering degree. If you are lucky enough you can get into some IIM.
If you want to move into business management after you've graduated from civil engineering, you can also consider building / project management programs available across India.
After completing these programs, you will get a clerk job with a decent salary.
Below are some colleges where you can do construction / project management.
Construction Technology and Management Course-IIT Delhi
Construction Technology and Management Course -IIT Delhi is more dedicated to the technical aspects of construction.
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) - Mumbai
The National Institute of Industrial Engineering is one of the best B schools in India and is located in Powai near Vihar Lake in Mumbai, India.
It offers different programs like:
Postgraduate Diploma in PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PGDPM)
Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Environmental Management (PGDISEM)
Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Management (PGDIM)
These courses are recognized as MBA equivalent by the UGC (University Grants Commission).
National Institute for Construction Management and Research
Programs offered by Pune, Hyderabad, Goa and Indore. Visit the website for more details.
NICMAR puts more emphasis on management aspects of construction.
(Most expensive option of all 😀)
Page on nicmar.ac.in
Kasee Sreenivas ‘Reply to How is life at NICMAR Pune?
RICS School for the Built Environment, Amity University (UGC approved)
It was launched in early 2013 as an industry-led initiative and is supported by leading employers and the Ministry of Urban Development.
It offers different programs like:
MBA in Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure,
MBA in Construction Project Management,
MBA in construction & quantity recording,
MBA in infrastructure management etc.
Global Institute for Construction Management and Research
This institute offers Post Graduate Diploma in some courses (AICTE approved)
For more information, see GICMAR (Global Institute of Construction Management and Research).
Maharashtra Institute of Technology - Pune
This institute offers a post-graduation diploma in project and research Construction management .
All are equally good from a professional point of view.
Some institutes offer computer-based programs for civil engineers. Civil engineers and architects are eligible to participate.
There are some more reputable institutions that offer similar courses.
7. Higher studies abroad : GRE, TOEFL, IELTS whatever.
8. If you are up for Urban planning or urban planning there is an institute in Delhi ( School of Planning and Architecture ), which offers a degree in various disciplines. That is also a good option.
9. You can even apply for that Decide law .
Dear building law. This is more helpful if you want to stay on the construction site.
You can also take a full-time course over Complete arbitration .
If you have completed the law (full-time) after your civil engineering, you can represent any case in court.
(Not all lawyers understand civil engineering terms. You can take advantage of that.)
If you want to take part in arbitration courses,
Search the websites of good law schools in India.
10. Interior design is another alternative.
Let me tell you Don't worry even if you don't get any of the above answers.
You can still take some certification courses in various courses available online (e.g. LEED certification) or by distance learning. Believe me, you can expand your knowledge.
Include all certification / distance learning courses that you have completed on your resume. (Something is better than nothing)
You have many other options. I just put in what came to my mind.
NEVER LOSE HOPE BUDDY.
All the best 🙂
Follow these for more:
- BUDDING CREATORS( Related to building . This blog is a result of my learning and construction experience .)
- Opportunities for civil engineers in India
- Why is Nepal still an undeveloped country
- What are foam fire extinguishers used for?
- We can give it in German
- Why are fossils important to geologists
- What is the intuition behind the normal distribution
- Why does China not have schools?
- What is equilibrium quantity in economy
- May cause gastric acid pain
- Who is the author of Ashtadhyayi
- Do you want to be Neymar?
- What are your ingredients for taco
- The RBI was privatized
- What is pro cricket
- What makes Paulina Gretzky so special
- What do doctors prescribe for melasma
- When and why did TransUnion acquire CallCredit
- Cell phone watches are accurate
- How is brass welded to steel
- What is vacuum in physics
- How Backwater researches Kerala tourism
- How do I wear military boots
- How do you increase your psychological advantage
- Do not study detrimentally
- How can I hurt a girl
- What personality disorders do ASOIAF characters have
- The hearing loss disappears
- What makes the Gotham font so special
- Boston to Chicago Movers
- Can a deer eat chocolate
- Can you prove DeMoivre's theorem
- What does Demat Holding
- Hard drug use is increasing in Italy
- Can you copyright a creative idea