What kind of doctors treat muscle injuries
Navigation and service
What really helps?
Muscle injuries account for up to 30 percent of all injuries in football. They can often result in failures lasting weeks or even months, which is why they are particularly frustrating for you as budding professionals. But what can be done to speed up the healing process? We will give you an overview of the course of the injury and possible measures.
Specifics of muscle injuries
Muscle injuries are known for 3 main characteristics:
They occur more frequently than is generally assumed, a 30 percent share in football speaks a clear language.
Their consequences are often underestimated, even though they significantly reduce game and training performance for a longer period of time and, in the worst case, even lead to permanent damage to health.
- They are often treated on the basis of personal experience rather than scientific knowledge.
It is important that you have a doctor confirm whether you have a muscle injury and what type of injury. In general, there are muscle strains, muscle fiber tears and muscle tears, which differ in their severity and duration of injury. The consultation with the doctor you trust is the be-all and end-all here with regard to subsequent measures.
In the case of a torn muscle fiber, for example, the acute phase, in which the first healing process takes place, lasts 3 to 5 days. During this initial period, you should use the so-called PECH method. PECH stands for: break, ice, compression and elevation. Elevating the affected muscle in particular has been thoroughly tested in recent years and has a decongestant effect. The exact end of this first, acute phase is difficult to determine, but the above-mentioned period applies as a rule of thumb. If you still do not feel any improvement afterwards, it is advisable to speak to your doctor about possible ultrasound and MRI examinations in order to rule out any deeper structural damage.
But if you are on the mend, you can move on to more active treatment with normal healing. It is important for all exercises that doctors or other experts recommend that you start with a low resistance and only increase the weight gradually. Only when you can complete a level of training completely painlessly should you move on to the next higher level.
Current methods and their effects
Cryotherapy or cold therapy is one of the best known and widely used methods for reducing pain and decongesting injuries. Current studies have proven their effectiveness in the first phase of a muscle injury. It is also relatively easy for you to use it privately with cool packs or ice packs. There are currently no final recommendations for duration and temperature, but temperatures of 10 ° -15 ° for 10-15 minutes every hour are quite reliable guide values.
Compression clothing has become very popular for improving athletic performance and accelerating recovery after exercise. Current studies substantiate its effect: it was able to determine better performance, less sore muscles after exercise and a moderately positive effect on regeneration and muscular function.
Stretching / stretching
Both stretching and warming up in general are standard in most sports at pretty much every level. The advantages, such as a certain pre-loading of the muscle before a greater load, are undisputed and make stretching an important method. Warming up is very important to prevent injuries while exercising.
With electrical stimulation, small electrical shocks are used. This method is used particularly successfully in the treatment of spinal columns. They are now used more often to treat muscles. While a positive effect on muscle strength was found in fit testers, no particular effects on the healing of muscle injuries have been demonstrated so far.
After this brief overview of the course of the injury and various current treatment methods, it can be stated that the PECH method in the acute phase (usually 3-5 days) is still a good course of action. Then you can start with light mobilization and exercises according to the above principles.
- How do I choose Dupatta or Kurti
- Has the United Kingdom signed the Lisbon Treaty
- What can be viewed as a means of seed dispersal
- Why did Gandhi believe in Satyagraha
- Which welding rod should I use?
- What makes a research topic irrelevant
- Why hasn't Yelp pushed internationalization more aggressively?
- Which is a song by David Guetta
- What is the full form of CNN
- What wins relationship
- Has your doctor ever disappeared without explanation
- When will Quora be available in Hebrew?
- Jews killed Jesus
- Your body can digest quinoa
- How can i calculate pi
- Will the Doklam stalemate lead to war?
- Have you cried in the last week?
- What is used to connect railway lines
- Is the electric heater inefficient
- What is the largest digit
- Why can't we make concrete with silt
- What about the infrastructure
- What does the term free mean?
- What if Westeros never existed
- What is intermediate algebra
- How Canadians Define Liberal Democracy
- Is Facebook big in Japan
- Which level of education is most important
- What is used to connect railway lines
- Why do narcissists go to dating sites
- Is Michael Vogel a Jew?
- Is Quora a worthless website
- How strong were the Nordic gods